Istanbul Trouble (Annie's Missing! NOOOO!)

"Wake up." Piper slapped Hope's face, which was an excellent way to wake up.

"Ow!" Hope rubbed her cheek and looked outside to see that they had arrived at the port in France.

"Three days had passed already?" she asked.

Piper nodded. "We need more food." she said. "We ate everything in here."

"Let's first focus on getting out of here without being caught."

When the workers arrived to the luggage department, Piper and Hope hid in a dark corner and waited until the workers took out all the suitcases and left. Then, they hopped out of the room, out the cruise, and onto the port.

"Wow." Hope breathed. "Everything looks so different."

Piper was looking at a map in a nearby gift store. "We're near Paris." she said. "We just need to go to Versailles, which will take us to another train in Croatia that heads to Istanbul."

"How do we go to Versailles?" Hope asked, momentarily distracted by one of the many flashing toys in the gift shop.

"A bus."

"This seems like too much traveling." Hope groaned. "Why not a plane?"

"No!" Piper yelled. "If someone hijacks the plane, we won't be able to run! Also, we don't have enough money."

"Fair." Hope huffed.

"But we do have enough money for food." Piper said. "And this toy." She grabbed a small stuffed animal that was a dog with a hat that had the Eiffel Tower on it.

Hope sighed and bought the toy. "Any idea where the nearest fast-food place is?" she asked the cashier.

"Down the block." she directed. "Burgers."

Piper huffed. "I hate burgers."

Hope ignored her. "I"m actually a vegetarian." she said.

"Veggie tacos." the cashier said. "Also down the block."

"Um, thanks."

"Merci." Piper said, stuffing the toy into her backpack.

They went down the block and ordered two tacos and fries (Piper wanted them). "That will be 14 euros." said the cashier.

That left them with enough money to buy train and bus tickets, if everything went according to plan.

Of course it didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back with the City Spies, they were each in their respective rooms when a message from Clementine appeared from the printer.

While the City Spies were in Manhattan to save Mother and Beatrice, Clementine had used the tracking chip in Cairo's burner phone and planted cameras and speakers in FARM.

Using the cameras, she saw Hope and Piper and their plans to go to Istanbul. That's when she decided that it might be useful, as her daughter Annie, Cairo's sister, went missing in Istanbul.

Not only will Mother and the City Spies find Annie, they'll also see if Hope and Piper are okay. So she sent the message through the printer in code.

Monty found it and handed it over to Kat. Before long, the team was gathered into the priest hole. "How did Clemmie hack our printer?" Mother asked.

"It's not that hard." Brooklyn said. "There's less security over it."

"What does the message say?" Cairo asked.

"Arise. Now need. Is evolving." Monty read off the paper. "Is safe. Telling also. New, but under lies."

"That is...confusing." Paris muttered.

"It's in code." Kat explained. "Take the first letter of every word....Annie, Istanbul."

"That is so fast." Paris marveled.

"So Annie's in Istanbul?" Rio asked.

"I...Something happened to her..." Cairo whispered. He was close to tears.

"Hey." Mother rubbed his shoulder. "It doesn't mean that. We'll go down there, but I don't think anything happened."

Mother, of course, was lying, but it was important for him to keep a calm demeanor, so he doesn't panic Cairo or the rest of the team.

They picked Cairo, Mother, Paris, and Kat to go down to Istanbul. "Maybe Clementine left something for you." Sydney suggested.

"Hey, you might see Hope and Piper, at the very least." Rio said.

"We'll make sure to find Annie." Mother promised. "And to see Hope and Piper."

"Maybe they can help." Cairo suggested. He had managed to control himself, but he was still very worried.

Mother nodded. "Pack your bags." he said. "We're going to Istanbul tomorrow."