Worries and Thoughts (City Spies included!)

So sorry if I messed up the characters. I tried my best!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The City Spies arrived to FARM to find Hope and Piper had already left. "They needed to leave as soon as possible, remember?" Mother said.

Brooklyn nodded. "Yeah."

"Pity, though." Sydney sighed. "I really liked Piper. Excellent fashion taste, that one."

Cairo dropped his backpack and went over to the fridge. "Hey! Where are the cookies?"

"Piper wanted them." Rio said. He had been in charge of packing the snacks for Hope and Piper. "I gave her the extra-sugar ones."

"I don't think that would help Hope very much." Paris said, remembering Piper's energy the previous night. 

Sydney turned to him, confused. "Hope?"

"It's her middle name." he explained. "Like, a code name."

"Like ours." Kat said, taking some noodles out the fridge. "Makes sense."

Mother turned to Brooklyn. "Can you take Karthi, er, Hope, out of Kincoch Abbey? It seems like she won't be back anytime soon."

Brooklyn nodded. "Want me to put her in a different school?"

"Yes. Preferably somewhere in India."

"On it." Brooklyn went into the priest hole to work on it with Ben.

Rio joined Cairo as he continued to dig through the fridge for something to eat. Mother turned to Paris. "Remind me to buy more food."

They laughed as Sydney took some cereal. "Where's Monty?" she asked.

"She went to someone." Mother said. "Testing a few new spy gadgets."

Sydney nodded as she poured the cereal into a bowl. Kat began to eat her noodles. "I have homework." she said, going up the stairs.

"Oh, same!" Sydney raced after her.

That left Mother and Paris watching Rio and Cairo dig through the fridge. "Did you hear from them?" Paris asked Mother.

Mother shook his head. "Not yet. But it's a long journey. They should be safe."

Paris nodded, hopeful. He had gotten the feeling that, while Piper might do fine, Hope would need a bit of help getting through everything. He remembered how rocky everything was for him, when he first joined MI6. He knew Hope would get used to everything, but in the meantime...

It's fine. he told himself. Like Mother said, they're probably just relaxing on the train.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope and Piper were very much not relaxing on the train and were instead squished into the luggage department on the cruise. Since the cruise's tickets were sold out, they had to sneak onboard.

"Get off my face." Hope snarled to Piper, trying to push her away.

"Get your face off me!" Piper shot back.

Finally, Hope managed to sit up. There was a small window in the luggage department, so they could watch as the cruise pulled away from the port.

"I heard cruises are slower than the regular boat." Hope said to Piper. "How long until we reach the end?"

"3 days."

"Three?"

"Hey, don't look at me. It was your idea."

Hope sighed and sat down on someone's suitcase (which was an ugly shade of yellow). "Beats being chased by someone on the train." she said. "And hiding in the bathroom."

"Mm-hmm." Piper's mouth was full of cookies again.

"How many cookies do you have?"

"I don't know. A lot?"

Hope sighed. "A sugar-crazed Piper." she mumbled. "Just what I need."

She lied down, using her backpack as a pillow. Piper peered down at her. "What are you doing?"

"Sleeping." she said. "Not like we have much to do here."

Hope closed her eyes, trying to push her worries away. To do that, she thought about Paris, because he was the only thing more distracting than men in masks trying to kidnap them, so there.

I wonder if I'll ever see him again. Hope felt a pang of sadness.

Oh well, she thought, trying to make herself feel better. It's just a crush. I'll get rid of it in no time.