𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, on the run

"𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞?"

      𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 - so much so that she can't even look at the young girl as they stand, circled up in the same tent they discussed the evidence in, trying to figure out what the fuck they're supposed to do now. 

      The reveal of the information was completely Earth-shattering, Makayla's expression had been so easily readable that almost everyone could tell what she was feeling. 

      But now? She doesn't want anything to do with Charlotte.

      She doesn't condone murder - hell, nobody should. If Murphy had truly been the criminal, she would be one of the first people saying that he deserves to be punished. Though, she knew she wouldn't imagine hanging the boy as a suitable punishment, she would've been sure that she could've thought of something. 

      She sees Charlotte in a different light now - she's not the innocent little girl who was ruined by the Ark. She's a criminal, a cold-blooded murderer. And it radiates off of the others in the tent that they want to help, they want to save the young girl from Murphy's wrath - because as expected, he's enraged - but Makayla just can't bring herself to do that. The only way the girl will escape Murphy's wrath is if she goes on the run, and Makayla just can't bring herself to help in that.

      Murphy's voice booms from outside the tent, echoing throughout the camp. "BRING OUT THE GIRL, BELLAMY!" He shouts, and Makayla immediately sees Charlotte's face drop. She's obviously expecting the worst, because the young girl saw what everyone did to Murphy - and Charlotte obviously doesn't want the same fate.

      "Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy questions, and Makayla can hear his voice breaking. She remembers how he was with the girl in the cave - he obviously cares for her, maybe not as much as he does with his sister, but his interaction with Charlotte is why she sees the man in a different light now.

      But also, Charlotte just murdered someone a few days ago.

      "I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me" Charlotte pleads, as if those words would excuse her actions. Makayla scoffs, quiet enough for it to go unnoticed by the rest of the group in the tent, as Clarke questions what she means. Makayla recalls the conversation in the cave - the whole 'Slay your demons' speech that seemed to be harmless at first, but as it turns out, was probably the worst advice to give to a little girl. But nobody could've expected this, right?