Chapter 6. It was... you?

The missions were getting easier and easier for the rest, the balance of the multiverse was almost intact and everyone, including Miguel, was a little calmer thanks to the help of Spectra, who was full of fatigue, stress and muscle pain.

As the missions passed, Miguel noticed the resilient attitude of the young woman, but in the same way he never stopped distrusting her and it was rare when he let her rest correctly, which caused her to be less alert and slower than usual, these being the only signs that caused Miguel to give her a rest of two or three days but, well, at least he provided her with medical attention in case of serious injuries and also he didn't talk to her in such a rude way anymore.

On the other hand, the young woman was already more than fed up and with a great depression that was not noticeable thanks to her stoicism, she had a great overstimulation for the mere fact of being the bait and weapon of this society that she had to serve forcefully, but, well, at least the rest of the people did not overwhelm her so much, more because she was almost always not seen around, both because she was on high-risk missions and because she was locked in that "room", which was more of a cell with "luxuries".

The only witnesses to her mood and quality of life were Haziel, who was always with her in the form of a small insect, and Death, who always saw his daughter's situation omnipotently.

They were both completely furious, that is, how dare they make this woman what they wanted just for being different? This is both to God, who made her a "martyr", and to the rest of humanity who almost made her a mere puppet or a simple weapon. Death began to regret the decision he made when she was a baby, now observing that there was a demon who really loved her and didn't treat her horribly like God's children did, those who, supposedly, were better than demons, but now he could see that they weren't and that there really were beings who were, if not black or white, they were gray. So, he thought, his daughter would be safer with that demon in hell than with God in heaven, considering that, anyway, when she died, God would make her holy, maybe and not let her rest, even so.

Haziel, for his part, was too concerned about Astre's state of health, which was increasingly exhausted, of course, before an eye that really saw beyond the façade and observed how her movements were more mechanical and without purpose, but, well, at least he was the only thing that comforted the guardian, who felt that she was drowning in that world to which, supposedly, she belonged.

It was then that Death, already fed up with all this, of seeing his daughter more dead than she already was, emptier and less energetic, more... Surrendered, he decided to take action from the shadows, as he did not want God to blame her ahead of time if this being was going to fulfill his promise to at least not send her to a deeper circle of hell.

One night watching out in a universe, Spectra was, as always, observing the city from above while Miguel, with whom she usually carried out these activities, was monitoring the city of a supposed anomaly that was threatening the canon of that universe, but he could not find it, which was rare and only the leader was seen swinging from one side to the other while Spectra followed him from the top.

The young woman stared at the horizon, appreciating the immensity of the city, the various streets, the traffic, families here and there, people going about their daily lives and let out a long, languid sigh.

At that moment, behind her one of the many electric towers exploded and was knocked down unexpectedly, the wave of energy pushed the girl to the front while she turned to see the cause of this explosion, the tower fell and began to feel static in the atmosphere, the rest of the neighboring towers had failures, causing the large electric and magnetic field to damage the holographic components of her suit, disabling it in parts. Spectra began to think and plot the situation, it was then that her mind made a sudden snap and she looked for Miguel and immediately threw herself to his rescue, since, at that precise moment the laser spider web was going to fail and, well, Miguel would fall like lead into the void, more so if there were no buildings so close as to use his talons to hold on.