chapter 15

**Migs' POV**

Migs arrived at the governor's house. The guard opened the gate, and Migs went inside. A maid approached and asked, "Are you the guard for Denise?"

"Yes, ma'am," Migs replied.

The maid escorted Migs to a table and called for the governor. Soon, the governor introduced his daughter.

"Hi, Police Lim. This is my daughter, Denise."

"Hi," Denise greeted Migs.

Migs gave a salute and extended her hand as a sign of respect. Denise smiled at her, making Migs feel welcomed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Migs stepped outside and checked her phone. She saw Amara's message: "Hello Migs, sorry I woke up late. By the way, I have a photoshoot today. I'm really excited, Migs, haha."

Migs replied, "Ow, that's great. I miss you, Amara."

Amara responded, "I'm here at the photo room. I'm so nervous and excited, oh my god."

Migs typed back, "Don't be nervous, pretty."

She put her phone down just as Denise approached her. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Denise asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Migs answered.

Denise smiled, "Oh, I'm late then," she said with a hint of something in her tone.

Migs, puzzled, asked, "What do you mean, ma'am?"

Denise brushed it off, "Nothing," and handed Migs her schedule.

"Thanks, ma'am," Migs said.

"Don't call me ma'am, just Denise," she corrected with a smile.

"Okay po," Migs replied, returning the smile.

As Denise was heading back inside, she asked Migs, "Have you eaten already?"

Migs shook her head. "Hindi nga po, pero aalis din naman ako mamaya kaya dun na lang ako kakain sa labas," she replied.

Denise frowned slightly. "You should eat something. There’s plenty of food inside. Join us for breakfast."

Migs hesitated, "It's okay, ma'am, I don’t want to impose."

"Nonsense," Denise insisted, "You're part of the team now. Come on, let's eat."

Seeing no way to politely refuse, Migs smiled and nodded. "Salamat po, Denise."

Migs and Denise walked over to the table. Denise handed a plate to Migs, who thanked her. Denise smiled, "Don’t be shy, Migs."

Migs smiled and blushed with a bit of embarrassment. She began to eat, enjoying the meal. After finishing, she looked at Denise, "Ma'am Denise, I need to head to the office now."

Denise nodded, "Okay, Migs. Take care."

Migs smiled, "Thank you." She left the house, feeling a mix of nerves and excitement for the day ahead.
Migs headed to her motorbike, ready to ride to the office. She put on her helmet, started the engine, and navigated through the busy streets, her mind focused on the tasks ahead. The ride was a good chance to clear her thoughts and prepare for the day's duties.

As she arrived at the office, Migs parked her bike and walked inside, feeling a sense of purpose. She greeted her colleagues and quickly got to work, determined to make the most of her assignment in Cebu.

**Amara's POV**

Amara stepped in front of the camera, ready for her turn. She struck a few poses, feeling confident and in her element, but then noticed Kyle watching her. Choosing to ignore him, she focused on the task at hand. During the 10-minute break, she covered herself with a robe.

Kyle approached, and Amara asked, "What are you doing here, Kyle?"

"I wanted to see you," Kyle replied.

Amara rolled her eyes and picked up her phone. Seeing a message from Migs, she replied, "Hi Migs, we have a 10-minute break. I'll send you my photos later 😝." She laughed as she sent the message, feeling lighter and more connected to Migs despite the distance.

**Migs' POV**

Migs saw the message and replied teasingly, "Wow huh? May ginagawa ka siguro no?"

Amara quickly responded, "Wag ko na lang i-send, pinag hihinalaan mo ako eh."

Migs smiled, knowing Amara was just playing around. She typed back, "Joke lang love. Gusto ko makita mga photos mo. I trust you. Ingat ka dyan, okay?"

**Amara's POV**

Amara saw Migs' reply and felt relieved. She quickly typed back, "Oky po."

Feeling reassured, Amara returned her attention to the photoshoot, eager to share the best shots with Migs later. She smiled, knowing they were both supporting each other despite the distance.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
**Migs' POV**

Migs went to her major and said, "Hi sir, okay na po na puntahan kona po." Her tito added, "If you complete this task for the daughter of the governor, you can go home for 2 weeks. I know your father's birthday is coming in 2 weeks. I'll be going there too."

Migs gave her tito a hug and said, "Thanks, Tito." After breaking the hug, Migs went to her condo. The next morning, she picked up her phone and messaged Amara that she could come home sooner. Migs then went to the bathroom to prepare herself before heading to Denise's house.

At Denise's house, Migs and Denise went to the practice room. While Denise was practicing, her heel broke, causing her to injure her ankle. Migs quickly rushed to her, carried her to the car, and drove to the hospital.

**Amara's POV**

Amara saw Migs' message and replied, "That's good, Migs." She then went to spend time with Madie, and they played together, enjoying each other's company while waiting for Migs to return.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Denise and Migs had grown quite close over the past few days, and Denise, feeling a strong bond with Migs, could hardly bear the thought of being without her. Migs, aware that her duty was nearing its end, invited Denise to her father's upcoming birthday celebration. Denise agreed, saying, "Okay, Migs, I'll come." She then added, "You can take the day off today and go home with your family. I know you miss them so much, so I want you to have this time."

Migs, touched by Denise's kindness, hugged her and said, "Thanks, Denise." Denise smiled, pleased to see Migs so happy.

Migs drove home, excitedly preparing for her return. She went to the mall to buy gifts for Amara and Madie. At the jewelry store, she chose a gold heart necklace costing 25,000 and a diamond ring priced at 50,000 for Amara. Although the ring wasn’t overly expensive, Migs wanted to get something special for her. She also bought a bracelet for Madie.

After purchasing the gifts, Migs called Clade. “Clade, can I ask you a favor?” Migs inquired.

“Sure, what’s up?” Clade replied.

“I’m coming home tomorrow. I want you to help me surprise Amara,” Migs said.

“Wow, that sounds exciting! What’s the plan?” Clade asked.

Migs and Clade discussed their plan in detail. Migs then prepared herself and booked a ticket to head home, eagerly anticipating the surprise.