Chapter 31 - my love.

Autumn had been carrying the secret of her pregnancy for days, the knowledge a blend of joy and trepidation. She had wanted to share it with Winter immediately, but the memory of her miscarriage haunted her. Fear of raising his hopes only to have them dashed again had held her back. But the love and support Winter had always shown her finally pushed her to reveal the happy news. It felt like the right moment, the anticipation growing with each passing second.That evening, as they sat together on the couch, the air seemed to hum with possibility. The living room was bathed in a soft, warm glow, casting comforting shadows around them. Autumn glanced at Winter, his face peaceful and content, unaware of the life-altering news he was about to receive. Her heart pounded with a mix of excitement and nerves. She turned to him, her voice gentle yet steady, the words trembling on the edge of her lips.

"Winter," she began, her voice quivering with a mix of joy and anxiety. "I have something special to share with you, but you have to promise to close your eyes first."

Winter raised an eyebrow, curiosity sparking in his eyes. He gave her a playful, affectionate smile that made her heart flutter. "Alright, my love. Eyes closed. What's this about?"

He closed his eyes, trusting and patient. Autumn reached into her pocket, feeling the cool plastic of the pregnancy test. Her heart raced as she pulled it out, the weight of the moment pressing down on her. With trembling hands, she gently placed the test in Winter's open palms, the physical transfer of her secret feeling monumental.

"Okay," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "You can open your eyes now."

Winter opened his eyes, looking down at the object in his hands. For a split second, confusion clouded his features, followed by a dawning realization as he recognized the pregnancy test and its positive result. His eyes widened, emotions swirling like a storm within them. He looked up at Autumn, his gaze intense and searching.

"Autumn," he breathed, his voice thick with emotion. "Are you... are we...?"

Autumn nodded, tears of joy welling up in her eyes, threatening to spill over. "Yes, Winter. We're pregnant."

For a moment, Winter was frozen in place, the enormity of the news overwhelming him. Then, with a whoop of joy that echoed through the room, he sprang to his feet, pulling Autumn up with him. His smile was radiant, his eyes glistening with happy tears. Without a word, he scooped her up in his arms, spinning her around the room. Autumn laughed, the sound pure and full of relief, her heart soaring. When he finally set her down, Winter dropped to his knees in front of her, his hands resting gently on her stomach. He leaned in, pressing his lips to her small but growing bump, the gesture filled with reverence and love. 

"Hello there, little one," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "We've been waiting for you."

At that moment, the full weight of her happiness and relief crashed over Autumn like a wave. The tears she had been holding back finally burst forth, streaming down her cheeks in torrents. She couldn't contain her emotions any longer. Her body shook with the intensity of her sobs, but these were tears of pure, unfiltered joy. The fear and uncertainty that had gripped her for days melted away, replaced by a profound sense of love and hope. Winter looked up at her, his own eyes brimming with tears. He stood, wrapping his arms around her tightly, holding her close as she cried.