Chapter 23 - cry it out.

As the day at the daycare progressed, Charlotte found herself smiling more often, her interactions with the children and her colleagues imbued with a newfound lightness. The kids, always perceptive, seemed to pick up on her good mood, their laughter and joy amplifying the positive atmosphere. During lunch break, Charlotte sat with Marjorie and Autumn in the staff room (shocker right). They chatted about everyday things—work schedules, funny stories about the children, and plans for the weekend. It was a welcome respite from the intensity of the past few days.

"So, have you and Mia started making any wedding plans yet?" Autumn asked, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

Charlotte laughed softly. "Not yet. We're still taking it all in. But we have been talking about it a lot. It's exciting to think about the future."

Marjorie leaned forward, a curious look on her face. "Do you have any ideas about what kind of wedding you'd like?"

Charlotte thought for a moment, a dreamy look in her eyes. "We both want something intimate, maybe outdoors. We're thinking of a small ceremony with just close friends and family.  Something that really reflects who we are and our journey together."

"That sounds beautiful," Marjorie said, her voice warm. "And very fitting for the two of you. If you need any help planning, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand."

"Me too," Autumn added with a subtle smile. "I love organizing events. Just let us know what you need."

Charlotte's hea

rt swelled with gratitude. "Thank you, both of you. Your support means the world to me."

The rest of the day flew by in a blur of activity. Charlotte found herself more engaged with the children than ever, her joy infectious. She felt a sense of purpose and fulfillment that had been missing for a while, and it invigorated her. When the workday finally ended, Charlotte headed home, eager to share the events of the day with Mia. As she walked through the door, she was greeted by the comforting sight of Mia in the kitchen, preparing dinner.

"Hey, beautiful," Mia said with a warm smile, turning to give Charlotte a kiss. "How was your day?"

"It was great," Charlotte replied, wrapping her arms around Mia. "I told Marjorie and Autumn about our engagement and the good news about my health. They were so happy for us."

Mia's eyes sparkled. "I'm glad. You deserve all the happiness and support in the world."

As they sat down to eat, the conversation flowed easily, filled with laughter and shared dreams. They talked about potential wedding venues, honeymoon destinations, and the life they envisioned building together. After dinner, they cuddled up on the couch, enjoying the simple pleasure of being in each other's company. The worries of the past seemed distant, replaced by a profound sense of hope and contentment. Later that night, as they lay in bed, Charlotte found herself reflecting on how far they had come. She turned to Mia, her voice soft with emotion.

 "Thank you for standing by me through everything. I couldn't have made it without you."

Mia brushed a gentle kiss on Charlotte's forehead. "And I couldn't have done it without you. We're in this together, always."