Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Mia's Perspective

Where is that bloody father of mine. His things are gone, everything. Why did he have to do this to me. He just left Mother and I. What were we even supposed to do, Mother didn't have a job nor experience, I was only 15, I had no job. Father went through and supported us throughout our lives, he was always here for me, he really loved me. Everything went south after Autumn's 14th Birthday party too. Father started acting suspicious, so did their mother. I slumped down, where me and my father used to sit together and talk about our days together and what we enjoyed about them. Rethinking everything that could've went wrong between our days together as a small happy family. Reece was calling me, what did he want.

"Hey Reece, you alright?" I said. I tried to sound like I hadn't been crying for a while.

"H-hey Mia. Mother's just left. Autumn's a mess, she's laying in her bed balling her eyes out. I don't know where father is, I haven't seen him since Mother left an hour ago. I'm so worried about Aut, what If she does something to her, what if something happens to her when I'm not around? I'm so worried about her now. We both know how my dad is around home. Will he do something to Aut?"

I could feel his fear. He was truly scared and I could hear it over the phone.

"reece, I'll be on my way. I can take a bus or the subway, I'll be at your house soon. Pack bags with Aut, we can run away". I said this with confidence, I didn't want Reece thinking that I was scared. It was my time to be the bigger person.

I hung up the phone, gathered clothing together and shoved it into a bag. Along with some money and some other things. I grabbed my father's jumper, pulled it over my head and froze. It smelt like him, then the realisation hit me. I was running away for good. i opened the door, took a final glance and shut the door behind me. I was really leaving. Grabbing my bike from the garage, I dusted the seat and removed the cobwebs. Jumped on the bike, and went. The world flew by me as I rode down to the subway. I took the next one to where Reece lived. I sat down once it arrived, my black hair and blue eyes made me stand out among the others. I was occupied on my phone, headphones in when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Reece and Autumn.

"oh my god, what are you doing here?! I was coming to you?" I said. I was stunned.

"i-I" Autumn said. She still couldn't speak. She was still in shock. Autumn buried her face into Reece and sniffled. Then started crying.

"she's still in shock, just let her process what's happened. We came to this side of town as this is far from home, we can go further from Father. We know what he's like when he is with us two alone. We have our bikes, we can go from here".

"okay, let's get going then" I replied.

Autumn separated herself from Reece, gave him a hug and jumped on her bike preparing herself to go. Reece nodded at me and we rode away, heading towards the next town where hopefully our parents wouldn't find us.

4 hours later

Arriving at another town, we all collectively had enough to rent out an apartment for the three of us for a couple of weeks. Enough time to get a new job, change our appearances. We ate as soon as we got there, then we got the key's as soon as we made our deposit. Running into our new home, we made ourselves comfortable and relaxed finally. Blowing up those blow-up mattresses and making our temporary beds for tonight as tomorrow we can find some new jobs.

The next morning

I awoke to Reece in the kitchen. He was cooking something. I walked up to him.

"hey, your awake"

I nodded whilst I was yawning, I was exhausted. He turned to look at me, we stared into each others eyes. They were a beautiful blue, with his blonde hair. I pressed onto him, and we embraced then, we kissed. We broke apart and then looked at each other. I held his hand and helped him whist we were making food. Autumn still wasn't awake yet, she seemed exhausted yesterday when we were leaving, just let her sleep. We were sitting in the corner of the room, cuddling together when Aut finally walked out.

"ew lovebirds.. I'm guessing yous then are finally official..?"

"yeah we are..? there's food on the counter for you Aut, eat up" I replied.

BANG – the door crashes down

I blank out.

Hope you enjoyed ! - comment for the next part