The Storm

ok so I'm in the hospital and I'm bored so I'm rewriting this chapter, sorrrryyyyy

I look over to alex and he's frozen.

boom

"Alex?"

he doesn't answer, but he looks at me.

his face glistened with lines from tears..

my face dropped to a frown and I put our coffees down on the end table beside his bed, sitting down beside him.

he's not looking at me anymore but I can hear his muffled sobs. 

"Alex.." I say and he scoots away.

"stop.." he murmers under his breath and I back away from him. "what... are.. are you ok?" I stutter out, I was about to ask what happened but I decied to make sure he was ok first.

he doesn't answer for a minute but sits up and whipes his tears. "y.. yea I'm f-fine" he says taking quick deep breaths in beetween his words

BOOM

the lightning strikes again, right beside our window, making his breathing get faster. "Alex you're not fine.." I say grabbing his hand in mine "let me help..?" I offer. he jumps again when the lightning cracks. "please..?" his breathing gets even faster when the lightning hits beside our window again. Clearly unable to take a full breath, he hugs me. 

My eyes widen a bit but I hug him back. we just sit there for a moment until he calms a bit.

"you gonna tell me what that what that was all about?" I question and look at him, he takes a deep breath. I notice that he's uncomfortable and decide to put curiosity to the side for his comfort. "you don't have to tell me.." he looks at me and sighs, "I want to tell you I just don't know if I can right now.." I nod understanding what he means. 

"Just know I wont judge you no matter what happened." I smile and let go of the hug to look in his eyes. God they're beautiful- I mean- nevermind..

we sit talking for most of the day. until my phone goes off. ugh. Jefferson. Look, he wasn't rude or anything, he was actually pretty nice. but it was a fake kind of nice, the kind that there's an undertone of "you're weird and I don't want to be talking to you right now," but to everyone else he was nice so I just try to ignore it. "Jefferson texted me." Alex rolls his eyes, him and Jefferson fight like siblings. Its honestly really funny. Oh and Proffessor Washington is like their dad. Anyway..

mikubinder4lief: Party tn 8:00pm

I look at Alex and he shakes his head no, and I nod, understanding.

Birdandturtleboi: Me and Alex cant make it.

mikubinder4lief: jammi said to have fun with your bf

Birdandturtleboi: jammi? and he's not my bf

mikubinder4lief: James, sorry miss-type.

Birdandturtleboi: mk sure.

I look at Alex who is practicly dying laughing. "not jammi" he laughs out and I chuckle. I look away from him and back to my phone.

Voicemail from: Henry.