Chapter Four

Breyna watched Lord Corlys as he bent down and talked with the small brunette boy, Lucerys Velaryon. Her eyes bounced between Lucerys and Corlys, and Jacaerys and Baela and Rhaena. Princess Rhaenys walked briskly towards her granddaughters, kneeling down and meeting them at eye level. Breyna watched as the grandmother hugged her grandchildren sweetly and she longed for the same level of comfort.

Aegon nudged Breyna's shoulder in the direction of Ameond. Breyna noticed Aemond had moved from where he was standing before. He stood next to a fire pit, seemingly taking in its warmth. He stood across from the brunette, Jacaerys, eyeing him closely. Aegon's nudge caused Breyna to stumble a few steps forward, towards the other two boys. She steadied herself as she looked back up, realizing she was now standing directly next to Aemond and facing the Velaryon Prince.

Breyna didn't hesitate to bow her head and bend her knees slightly, "My Prince."

"I—I am Jacaerys Velaryon."

"This is Lady Breyna Blackwood," Aemond said, nodding down to the girl beside him.

"It's a pleasure M'lady."

"Breyna!"

Breyna shuddered at the loud echo of her father's voice. "Yes Father."

"This is Prince Jacaerys Velaryon."

"So I've heard."

Her father laughed and bumped his side against her shoulder.

"My Prince... this is my daughter Breyna Blackwood."

"So I've heard, My Lord," Jace uttered quickly.

Samwell put his hand on his daughter's back and led her closer to the boy. "Jacaerys. Have you ever been to the Riverlands?"

"No, I have not, My Lord."

"Well my Breyna can tell you all about it."

Breyna's stomach twisted into a knot and she eyed the cup in her father's hand. He was making himself appear as a fool and with him, all of House Blackwood. Samwell gripped his daughter's shoulder harshly before giving the Prince a nod, "My Prince." His grip loosened and he turned away, finding himself back in the crowd of adults.

"I apologize for him, Prince Jacaerys," Breyna felt her face turn bright red and she looked down to her feet. She couldn't necessarily see her feet, her dress covering them.

"It's alright," Jacaerys said, "You can just call me Jace." The boy's sweet voice eased the girl and she looked up and met his light brown eyes.

"So..." Jacaerys said, shuffling his feet, "Tell me about the Riverlands."

"Tell me tell me!" Aegon jumped in between Jacaerys and Breyna and laughed with a smile on his face and a cup in his hand.

"You're drunk Aegon," Aemond said, his eyes lingering on his older brother.

"I am not drunk!"

"Yes you are," Aemond replied, straightening his back.

"I'm telling Mother of your vile accusations, Aemond." Aegon turned away from the rest of the children and started towards Queen Alicent. Aemond almost stumbled over his own feet as he ran after his brother.

Jace laughed as he watched his cousins run towards their mother.

"I do apologize for your loss of Lady Laena," Breyna said softly, crossing her legs.

Jace nodded, "Thank you. I think my father is taking it the hardest." Jacaerys nodded his head in the direction of the blue sea. Breyna turned her head to follow his line of sight and saw Laenor Velaryon standing waist deep in the water.