21. A Symphony of Longing

Two months passed, and BTS returned to the country after a hugely successful tour. One night, KM Finance held a conference at a hotel. After the conference ended, Manya and Niha were greeting the departing guests.

"We're going to party afterward! Let's go to karaoke," Niha suggested excitedly.

Feeling exhausted, Manya shook her head. "I think I'll head home. Have fun, though," she said, bidding Niha goodbye.

As she was leaving, someone called her name. It was the hotel's managing director, Mr. Oh. "Hello, Ms. Manya," he greeted.

She bowed slightly. "Hello, Mr. Oh."

He asked about the conference and the hotel services. "How was everything?"

Manya responded politely, "The meeting went well. My team will handle the rest. As always, your hotel provided excellent service." She was about to leave when Mr. Oh requested her to follow him for a moment, saying he wanted to introduce her to someone.

Manya followed him to his office. There, standing with a weary look, was Nam Joon.

Mr. Oh introduced them formally. "Mr. Kim, this is Ms. Manya, CEO of KM Finance. Ms. Manya, this is Mr. RM of BTS."

The two stood there, surprised by the sudden encounter. Nam Joon looked tired and thinner, and he could see the same fatigue mirrored in her.

"How are you?" Nam Joon asked quietly.

"Same as you," she replied.

He gave a dry smile. "That says it all."

Mr. Oh, looking puzzled, asked, "Do you know each other?"

Nam Joon answered, "Yes, we do. I actually have some things to discuss with her. Thanks for the dinner." With that, he gently but firmly led Manya out of the room and to his car. Manager Mr. Lee, standing by the car, understood the situation instantly and acted swiftly, opening the car door for them.

Manya followed Nam Joon and quickly slipped into his car, barely noticed by others. As soon as the driver hit the road, Nam Joon pulled her into a tight embrace, and she ended up on his lap. They kissed passionately. The warmth of their reunion filled the place, a testament to the enduring connection that had weathered time and distance.

After a while, they settled down. Manya then turned to Mr. Lee with a warm smile and asked how he was doing. He responded kindly and introduced her to the driver, whom she greeted with a smile.

Feeling a bit embarrassed, Manya apologized. "Sorry for the commotion we caused earlier", ignoring Nam Joon's chuckle. 

"Not a problem at all. I'm just glad to see you both together again. Everything is under control on our end.", Mr. Lee.

The car pulled up in front of Nam Joon's home. After bidding them goodbye Nam Joon and Manya headed into his flat.