3. The CEO and the Leader

As the flight continued, Namjoon and Maanya chatted comfortably. Maanya introduced herself that she was the CEO of KM Finance and mentioned that her company managed a significant portion of BTS and HYBE's shares. Namjoon was surprised. He knew about KM Finance and their impressive growth in a short period but had never met Maanya before.

"I never met you," Namjoon remarked, intrigued.

Maanya smiled. "Sorry, I haven't had the opportunity to meet you guys. I met the CEO of HYBE once. Most of the yearly reports and forecasts are handled by my team in collaboration with your company's financial team."

Namjoon's interest in Maanya grew. He wanted to know more about her, but she opened her laptop. Not wanting to disturb her, he said, "Please carry on with your work, I won't bother you."

She smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I have certain tasks to complete so that tomorrow goes smoothly," she explained, before diving back into her laptop.

Maanya prepared financial reports and recorded audio instructions for her team, completely immersed in her work. Namjoon, meanwhile, found himself increasingly captivated by her presence. As he watched her work, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

He woke up to the sound of the flight attendant's announcement, realizing he had been leaning slightly towards Maanya. She was still engrossed in her laptop. Embarrassed, he quickly apologized. "I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable."

Maanya looked up, smiling brightly. "Not at all. You must be so tired. I hope you had a sound sleep."

The mention of "sound sleep" made them both chuckle. As the plane began its descent, they started packing their things. As the plane taxied to the gate, Namjoon turned to Maanya, curiosity evident in his eyes. "How are you going to reach Seoul?"

"By car," she replied. "I parked here."

Just then, her phone rang. She answered, "Hello? Oh, hey. Yeah, I just landed. I'll grab something to eat on the way. I have the keys, don't wait up. It's parked in B1, P2 West 56. Yeah, I'll be fine. Good night." She ended the call and looked back at Namjoon.

"How long will it take you to get to Seoul?" he asked.

"Around an hour," she said. "But I plan to stop by the beach first. I love visiting the beach whenever I'm in Incheon. The sound of the waves, the vastness, the darkness, I love the beach at night—it's enchanting. Have you ever been?"

"I've never been to the beach at night," Namjoon admitted, intrigued by her description.

"You should try it sometime. The silhouettes of distant boats bobbed gently on the water, the star stead sky, the gentle waves create a mesmerizing dance of light and shadow... It's serene," she said, her eyes lighting up. As their conversation continued, the plane's exit doors opened and passengers began to disembark. Maanya bid Namjoon goodbye and wished him all the best before heading toward the exit.