4

Na-Bi walks closer to Jang uk, where she can place her hand on his heart. The man sucks in air feeling like he could collapse at any moment from the woman touching him. The close proximity does nothing to sooth him, as his heart races in his chest. He stays silent not really sure what she is doing, but he could not say no to her nor tell her to stop.

Na-Bi, hand resting where his heart lays, Jang uk tries to control his erratic heart with the woman so close. With the power to see, her eyes tingle with anticipation. Feeling a sudden surge of energy emanating from the depths of the man's chest. However, to her dismay, she sensed that this power was trapped and confined within his body; desperately yearning to break free. It seemed that his abilities were disabled, but she already knew that, rendering him unable to unleash the force contained within him. As she focused her gaze, she could perceive his aura shimmering a dull blue around his body, almost vibrant yet restrained manifestation of the dormant power that lay within him.

The woman, her heart pounding with anticipation, and without realizing what she was doing, focused her energy fully on the man. Her own powers surging through her palm, trying to get a hold on his masked power. As her hand rested there longer, a surge of electricity crackled between them, causing them both to recoil in shock.

Fear gripped her as she stumbled backward, her eyes wide with disbelief. She hadn't expected such powerful and unexpected reaction from her magic. She had used her powers as if she were in a trance. Trembling, she realized that her powers had inadvertently attempted to draw out Jang uk's trapped energy from his body. And she mentally scolds herself for forgetting her gloves.

Confusion washed over her, and she tried to comprehend the implications of what had just happened. She did not touch his chest to do that, she just wanted to comfort him. She had always been aware of her abilities to access and manipulate magic, but this was a new and dangerous territory she had unintentionally crossed. The intensity of the shock had shaken her own core, making her question the true extent of her powers.

Maybe her father was right to lock her up. She had almost hurt her longest friend without knowing it. Tears welled in her eyes as she dropped her head to avoid Jang uk's intense gaze. The man trying to get a read on her and feeling awful that he may have done something to hurt her. Not being concerned for himself, but for the woman herself.

If she would have accidentally opened his gate of energy in that moment. She knew her father would make her life worse, that he would actually hate her more than he already despises her. And she did not want that.

Regaining her composure, she looks up at her best friend with caution. Concern etched on his face as he sees her inner turmoil. Jang uk gently places his hand on her arm, and she feels the residual energy coursing through his own palm. It was clear that he too was bewildered by the strange events, eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and curiosity. Eyes clashing together, both see swirls of gold in place of their eye color. It takes a moment but the new issue moving in their eyes does fade.

Stepping back from her friend, realization dawned upon her. She had not only used her own raw power but had stumbled upon a connection between them. the pull she had felt was not merely an attempt to unlock his energy, but a glimpse into a deeper bond they both shared.

Jang uk in awe goes to speak, "Was that-

But is cut off when the door to his room at the inn slides open. Both of the friends turning to face the entrance, seeing a strange girl with her back turned to them whilst peeking out the crack of the door. Her breathing his heavy, as she leans against the door.

Na-Bi, her expression unreadable, watches the girl with piercing eyes. While Jang uk, his face is masked by a stoic facade. The couple exchange a brief, wordless conversation, their eyes speaking volumes. Unbeknownst to the girl, they stand behind her with their arms crossed, but no will to yell at her. Na-Bi stifles her laughter when Jang uk pokes her in the stomach, the quickly moves to stand behind the intruder.