14

The next morning after the past night events, Na-bi and her maidservant moved around her room. Packing a small number of belongings for the older woman to take with her. Na-bi wore a dress that exposed her back so the wounds could heal. The large welts on her back a glaring red and shiny with the healing ointment Master Hao had applied. The scars would disappear after a few days with the mages healing abilities, but it would be painful for a while even after.

Jang Uk and Maidservant Kim were waiting outside for her to finish up. After a long and torturous conversation between the three of them and her father. They had finally come up with a solution. Although it did not make everyone happy, it was the only way. The bond held a power over all their heads. As seeing how no priestess would take care of Uks issue, they could not stay in Songrim. Instead of just visiting, the girl would go live with them instead. Though she would have to come back every seven days and visit, or her family would come to her. Yet with the issues at hand, with the soul shifters, Naksu, and the recent deaths; it would be likely that she would come to Songrim more.

"My Lady," Min-ju calls from her spot on the floor. Her large brown eyes looking at her friend, as the woman stands while placing items into bags. "Are you really leaving?" the younger girl asked. Her voice quiet like she was scared of being too loud. She couldn't help but notice how Na-bi winced every time she raised her arms too high.

"Yes, Appa was not happy with the outcome. But Master Hao and Maidservant Kim had to talk him into it. There really was no other option," Na-bi states sadly. "It's stay here under lockdown and die or go with Uk and live. Appa may not be my fondest family member at the moment, but he does not wish for me to die."

"I feel an immerse feeling of sadness to see you gone. What am I going to do without you?" Min-ju cries with tears filling her eyes. Na-bi stops what she's doing and walks over to the crying girl, wrapping her arms around her in a hug.

"Everything will be okay my friend," the older girl whispers. Her own eyes filling with tears as they tightly grasp onto one another. "We will still see each other, and you will be in good hands."

"I do not know if good hands are the way to describe him," Min-ju smiles sadly as they pull away. Na-bi knew that Dang-gu and Min-ju argued like they were relatives. While it was quite funny to listen to, those two could not get along for the better. Now it wasn't that they hated each other, oh no. It had to do with the fact one of them had deep feelings for the other and didn't know how to treat the person.

"Well, it is Dang-gu we are talking about," Na-bi chuckles, "But have no fear, he will keep you safe and happy. You shall have more freedoms as you will not have a master. Take the time to make friends, find your calling, maybe even fall in love."

"Love," Min-ju scoffs. The word sounding like she would get sick of the idea. "I don't have time for love, I'll leave the romance story to you Unnie."

Na-bi grins trying not to laugh at the girl. How she wished she could take Min-ju with her. But Songrim had become the younger girls home. For she was doing well there. The noble didn't want to take anything from her that had already been given. And if anyone deserved a calm life, it would be the raven-haired girl.

She could simply demand that the girl come with. But she wanted to let her choose. Na-bi was not going to offer for her to come because she wanted her to choose with her own free will. If she asked to come with, the noble would say yes in an instant.

"Unnie promise that we won't let distance change what we have. Our friendship is bigger than any distance, nothing will change that, right?" Min-ju questioned. Her large eyes filling up with tears again. She was such a soft-hearted girl, and Na-bi couldn't even imagine what this felt like to her. She felt awful for leaving.