9

Abandoning Jang uk, Na-bi makes her way to the tearoom. Walking down the quiet streets as the locals scurried back to their homes on her fathers order. But as she walks, she feels a tugging in her heart. An overwhelming sense of dread, and fear rising in her body. But it is not her fear nor her dread. Her mind flashes back to when she took the knife from Mu-deok, and realizes that her finger had just barley grazed the women's flesh. It was hard to grasp why she knew these feelings belonged to the soul shifter, but she assumed it was the damn bond. Now sharing it with two different people. This was not good, not good at all.

Sword still in hand, she tries not to listen to her body. But ultimately fails and takes off running. She speeds through the vacant streets, moving closer and closer to her heart pull. When she finds Mu-deok the woman is running her way. But suddenly trips, and stumbles to the sanded alleyway.

Na-bi closing in and hearing the demon dog's growls stops in front of Mu-deok. Locking eyes with the woman and seeing her terror, but also those stupid golden swirls. Blinking, she steps around her to stand as cover. And when the shadow dog leaps high, straight at the females the standing woman unsheathes her sword. Air crackling with energy as the silver blade lights up with hot blue magic, she swipes the sword once though the air. Connecting with the creature, making it disappear in a puff of black and red smoke. Not knowing the Jang uk had smashed the relic at the same time her blade made contact.

Turning to the woman, she holds her hand out to her. Surprisingly, Mu-deok takes her offer and is pulled to her feet in a strong tug. Staring at the taller woman who let's go and places her blade back in its holder.

"You mustn't run away from your master," Na-bi tells the woman, "Times right now are tense, creatures like that will be lingering around. We can't have someone like you getting hurt," she warns. But there is an underline of a teasing tone along with her words. Na-bi just can't help herself.

"I had it handled," dismisses Mu-deok.

"If becoming Gwigu's next meal is considered having it handled. Then yes, I do suppose you did," Na-bi snickers.

"You can just say thank you," she adds on. The mage can tell that the woman did not like to bow down, but Mu-deok also did not know that Na-bi knew who she really was. So being as she is known as a servant, and Na-bi is the daughter of the Songrim leader and a noble. She bites her tongue and bows respectfully.

Mu-deok smiles tightly and says, "Thank you for saving me Lady Na-bi." Na-bi likes the way her name sounds coming from the darked haired womans mouth. Even if it did sound full of bitterness.

"You are welcome," Na-bi grins. "But we best get going back. Ukie has been looking for you."

"Ukie?" Mu-deok asked as the two walked.

"Oh yea, I forgot only I call him that. Well, if you ever want to piss him off. Use that nickname," Na-bi offers. Mu-deok feels a strange emotion in her body and finds that she enjoys the woman's company. But then again, she always did. Only this time it was amplified tenfold, she wanted to stay closer to Na-bi as the mage did to Mu-deok.

Na-bi's hair raises to attention when pounding footsteps come from behind them. Turning and ready for another attack, she grips her sword. Hands relaxing when she sees Sang-ho looking at her and Mu-deok. With Won-jin closely behind him.

"Young Lady Na-bi, Master jin needs you to report to the center square," he explains. Eyes looking at the servant in question.

"Okay, can you be so kind. As to escort Mu-deok back to the training center?" She addressed. Bowing in agreement, he motions for the servant to walk ahead. And once Mu-deok safely follows along, Na-bi goes where she is wanted.