10

Na-bi stares down at the simple jewelry around her neck

Na-bi stares down at the simple jewelry around her neck. Hand holding the stone at the end of the chain, eyes running over it. The crystal shining back at her as her finger runs over the blue and purple jewelry. With a huff she drops her hand the necklace falling to rest around her neck. Her father was not bluffing when he said she would wear a tracker. She realized she offered to wear one, but did not think he would actually have one made. But she guessed that was the price she would pay for her partial freedom.

She must wear the necklace at all times, while in Songrim she would not have to be followed by guards; unless there would be a situation where she could be put in danger. But if she were to leave the village and go outside of the force field, then she needed to be guarded. So, she agreed, at least she would not have to stay in her room all the time.

Her eyes fall back to the large book she was reading. The woman hiding in a little nook in the library. After discovering that she shared the golden hue with Mu-deok and Jang Uk; she knew that she had to find out what it entailed. Instead of asking the elders or the assembly for information, she needed to know as much as she could. Then maybe she would question others. Her mind observes the words written on the pages as she reads. And in no time at all, the woman loses track of time.

It is believed that the Gods tie an invisible red thread around the pinkies of people who are destined to be soulmates or true lovers. No matter the time, regardless of the place, or situation. This thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break. All souls that are connected will be brought together eventually. The red thread is not visible to the eye, for there is a strong force of a pull to the souls.

The bond can be shared between more than one person, making the bond unbreakable. If a soul ever were to lose its loved one, whether that be death, distance, or time that soul will search for the other/others in everyone and thing they meet. This bond is a love that is destined, and nothing shall ever break it.

There is a belief that if more than two people share the Thread of Fate, they will be connected by the Golden Hue. The Golden Hue is a stronger bond than a two-soul relation. For if the souls were to ever part by death, they will be born again and connect in every life. The Golden Hue is an eternal bond, and a predestined love written by the Gods.

"....ah, hey... Na-bi?"

Frantically the womans hands slam the books shut. Pulling it out of view and placing it on her lap. Elbows resting on the large black book as if it were a table of its own. Na-bi's eyes look up to her left, finding Dang-gu standing beside her, smirking at her panicked actions. When she doesn't answer him, his eyes look between her and the book he watched her try to hide. But it was too late, he has already seen the cover when he had snuck behind her.

Sucking in a large breath of air, the woman lets it out as she speaks. "Oh, hello Gu. Um..what are you doing in this fine establishment?" Na-bi wants to slap herself in the face for her weird tone, wondering why she can't act normal sometimes.