Changes

Owen and I enter the house. Our guards up as our dad will most likely be more than upset.

Upon entry we notice how clean the house is. And how oddly quiet it is.

"Living room. Both of you." Our father says from the room next to us.

We share a look of confusion before entering the room. Our dad sitting on the couch looking a tad disheveled and holding his head in his hands.

We stand still in front of him waiting. He takes a breath, looks up, smiles quickly, and begins.

"Now, I trust you have figured out your mother is missing Owen, Y/N not so much. So, a lot of things are going to change." He says, standing up and pacing leisurely in front of us.

Ignoring the jab at me I continue to listen. Analyzing his body language as he talks and moves.

He's scared.

"I can feed myself but I will not feed you. Any and all meals are to be made yourselves. Groceries will be ordered on Friday's and one of my colleagues will drop it off on Saturday's. You are to email the grocery list to the email provided on your desks." Wow, he's really not doing so well.

"You are to be at school every day and come home afterwards everyday. If I catch you anywhere else there will be consequences. Remember I have eyes and ears everywhere so be careful what buttons you press." He might not be present but he does know we'll test boundaries.

"Owen, starting tonight you are now full throttle. The business is your top priority, I do not care if your grades slip it doesn't matter. Y/N, you will take your mom's responsibilities. Keep the house clean, food on the table for Owen, and if we need you for work you cooperate."

No.

We had a plan to leave when we both were engaged.

No no no. Not like this. We can't go down like this.

"Now, as a precaution both of you will be training as equals in combat and weaponry. You will also gain basic knowledge of how to flush out an enemy anywhere anytime without looking suspicious. Do not expect me to help you in anyway. Do not come to me if you fuck up and get hurt. In fact, do not talk to me at all unless there is a concern regarding our enemies and/or you have information on your mother's whereabouts. No staying over at friends houses, or going out with friends. You should honestly sever ties with all of your friends if you even have any. Trust no one." This man is going insane.

"Any questions?" He asks stopping his pacing to look at us.

"No sir," we deadpan at the same time.

"Great. Now get out of my sight, training starts tomorrow after school." He instructs waving a hand at us and sitting down.

We hurry upstairs. Our fake calm composure breaking down the closer we get to my room.

Opening my door I slip in. Owen following close behind.

"Okay what the actual fuck," I whisper yell as I search my room for bugs and cameras.

"Y/N, I have no clue what's going on. I mean I know enough about this target on dad to know that it isn't this serious. Not instating me serious. I'm not ready for this. I'm not trained enough for this. I've never killed anyone and dad told me that I wouldn't be able to until I was instated because it's a liability. He's probably going to send me on shoot to kill missions just because he has the power now. I can't do that. I can't-" he rambles in a whisper at a speed he's never rambled before.