Chapter 98 - Barging In

Jennie stayed silent the whole time even when Ji-won came back into the waiting room. She didn't move from her seat, didn't let her eyes wander around the room, and didn't try to read her script. There was no need to.

Before coming to the audition site, she already memorized the whole script and understood how things would go in the scenes.

Earlier when they announced that they would be changing the audition routine, Jennie was indeed surprised and didn't think that something so surprising and unexpected would happen on the second official audition. Thankfully, she prepared beforehand and now doesn't have to worry like the other actresses about the scenes changing.

The staff member called another number and another actress stood up and walked into the audition room, she glanced at the people inside the room and faintly smiled before entering the room.

Ten minutes later, the actress pulled the door open. The smile on her lips were gone and only a smudge of her mascara and eyeliner surrounded her eyes, looking exactly like those pair of rounded eyes of a panda.

The crowd was shocked. They all stared at her but nobody said anything to her either. There was no need to comfort somebody inside the waiting room when nobody knew if you would be the next to cry or laugh. That was why, everyone seemed to be on their toes when the staff member came back out and called another number and actress.

Soon, the number continued to roll and actresses and actors came in and out of the audition room.

"Number 7, please come inside the audition room!" The staff member said loudly.

It was time for Jennie to go inside the audition room.

Breathing in deeply, Jennie slowly stood up and stared at the closed door. She nodded at the staff member standing next to it and reached her hand out to push the door open when suddenly, another door opened.

It was the door to the VIP room.

"Jennie!"

Jennie paused her actions altogether. Her expression was emotionless and calm as she turned to the person who recklessly called her name out.

Tired and huffing for air, Kai looked around the room before his eyes fell on Jennie. His expression contorted as soon as he noticed that she was about to enter the audition room. He was fuming that Ji-won was right and that Jennie was really planning to return to the industry without even telling him.

"What are you doing here?" Kai questioned her angrily. "Didn't you say you'll retire from the entertainment industry five years ago? Or are you trying to fool me again?"

The staff members inside the room frowned and their faces turned ugly. Who was this man who had just barged in?

The staff member who stood closer to Jennie glanced at her and said, "If you know him... please tell him to go outside and not to disturb the audition."

"I'm sorry... he's a die-hard fan and I don;'t know him. Can I ask for you to call the security and throw him outside?" Jennie told the staff member, who seemed surprised.

A die-hard fan? The staff member glanced at Kai who was now fuming and red-faced. He looked quite good-looking to be a fan, but he also didn't have the manners of a fan or person who would be acquainted with Jennie.

"Are you sure? He's glaring at you right now..." the staff member noticed Kai's glare.

Jennie sighed. "I am very sure. So, will you please send security and take him away? You don't want the director and producers inside to find him barging into an important audition right?"