Chapter 125 - Party On Fire (5)

Jennie refused to make a comment. She was already sweating from the topic and she did not know how long she could keep a straight face in front of the twins.

Ignoring the two children bickering and arguing who was the best man to be her husband, Jennie glanced ahead and coincidentally, her eyes met with Kai's eyes. Surprisingly, the swelling in his other eye lessened by a lot and if one did not look closely, they wouldn't notice the faint bruise on his eyes.

He probably concealed it with a makeup product. Jennie laughingly thought as she looked next to Ji-won, who was still brightly smiling to the crowd. Probably because she felt someone staring at her, Ji-won's smile paused and she looked around her, only stopping when she found Jennie standing next to the twins.

Jennie saw Ji-won lean over their mother and whisper something to her ear. Then, Mother Kim's eyes widened and looked around as well before stopping at where Jennie and the twins stood at their table.

Mother Kim made a gesture to the guests surrounding her and suddenly left their group.

"Shoot! Auntie is walking towards us!" Chaeryeong announced.

Jennie also saw that her mother was making her way towards them, but she didn't feel nervous at all. She didn't even feel anything anymore after what she heard from them.

"Jennie... since when did you arrive? Why didn't you come and greet us?" Mother Kim asked her. Looking at the tall and beautiful young woman in front of her. "Or are you waiting for your parents to come and greet you instead?"

Jennie ignored her mother's harsh words and replied, "How can I allow you to do that? Of course, I planned to greet you first, but when I arrived, I saw that you and father weren't around."

Mother Kim stared at Jennie for a long moment. Originally, she was suspicious of Jennie's appearance. She suspected that Jennie was the person who was behind that door, but she had no conclusive evidence that would support her suspicion. Besides, Jennie looked like she was telling the truth.

Moreover, if it was really Jennie who was eavesdropping earlier, she wouldn't have this calm and relaxed expression on her face.

After speculating for a few seconds, Mother Kim finally dropped her suspicion, not knowing that she was just walking on the right track before she was misled to walk on a twisted path.

"Well, since you're here... come with me. You shouldn't be here standing on the corner. What would people think if they saw you standing here?" Mother kim finally acknowledged the presence of the twins and said, "Little Chae and Little Chang are here? Why not come to our table?"

Chaeryeong didn't reply. It was Changbin who said, "Thank you, Auntie. But we'd like to stay here."

Chaeryeong nodded her head. She didn't want to sit at the same table as Ji-won and Kai at all!

Mother Kim was about to invite them once again when Jennie intervened, "Mother, there's no need to force them. They're just kids and they don't have to greet the guests."

"Let's go." Jennie said before walking forward, not intending to wait or walk side by side with her mother.

Mother Kim felt that Jennie was trying to keep a bit of distance between them, but at this moment, she really didn't care. Jennie already knew that they lied to her, Jennie's reaction was only natural.

So, Mother Kim didn't force herself to act as a benevolent and loving mother to her.

Of course, Jennie also didn't want her to act like that. Hence, she didn't even wait for her mother.

Seeing the two of them approaching, Ji-won's face darkened. Earlier, she didn't notice it because the twins were standing by her side, but now that Jennie was standing right in front of her, Ji-won's heart couldn't help but compare herself to her.