Chapter 193 - A Thousand Lotus (2)

The scene was quickly played out in front of everyone. According to the script, she should be 'tied' up in a dungeon blanketed with darkness and filthiness. In order for her to appear like she was truly tortured and had experienced a rather unpleasant situation for several days, the costume director and crew members did a lot of effort to pick out the outfit for this scene.

Wearing a tattered dress with holes from different spots and each spot has bloody marks in them, indicating that she suffered several punctures and stabs. Her dark hair that appeared like black ink was disheveled and stray hairs was all over her face. As for her face, the makeup artist used pale makeup producsts and made a contrast by using red tints and paints to mark her forehead, completing the look of an abused and tortured person inside the dungeon.

"Jennie, if you feel uncomfortable with the chains, just give us a heads up so we can loosen them," Director Qing told her through the loudspeaker.

Jennie lightly twisted her wrists and tested the tightness of the chain before nodding her head towards the direction of the director. "It should be alright, Director. I'm ready for the scene!"

"Alright!" Director Qing heard her affirmative response and also got ready to call on to start the scene. He looked at the assistant holding the clapperboard and gestured with a nod of his head to start the scene.

The scene continued to roll, the cameras followed the dirty waters dripping on the floor before lifting up to let everyone see the wretched result of several days of torture inside the dungeon had done to a fair young lady.

Once the cameramen had pointed their lenses at the bloodied young lady, everyone's heart seemed to tighten up and feel horrible just by looking at her.

However, the young lady tied up to a long metal chain seemed to not have noticed their deep concern over her superficial injuries and looked dully at the camera as if nothing was standing in front of her.

Her eyes were empty and dull, no light seemed to be able to squeeze into that pair of eyes and redeem the bright and sparkles that usually appeared in them. Cruel, unfeeling, and dangerous. Those were what others might think when they look at her eyes, but they still couldn't help but pinch a tiny tear from the corners of their eyes.

Director Qing sat in front of the monitor and sighed,  "Truly remarkable."

Just a few words from him was enough for Jennie to catch the ruthlessness of being abandoned and betrayed. Previously, he had expected that she would at least show a bit of sadness and being left behind when she acted in this scene, but Jennie once again had exceeded what people expected her to do.

"Jiao Yu is still bleeding, why is no one coming over to treat her?" One of the staff members was caught up in her emotions and cried out, "Look at her cuts and injuries! What type of inhumane person could do this to her?"

Someone else nodded their head to agree with her and also replied, "That's right. I know that the novel is always cruel to the heroine, but isn't this too much? Why must she continously experience being betrayed and abandoned by the people she thought she could trust and love?"

In the first part of the novel and script of the film, Jiao Yu was just a young girl who was ambitious and wanted to reach the whole world. She was very proud and arrogant, but her arrogance was unlike those spoiled young ladies that think that they owned the whole world. Rather, she was very realistic and aimed for the best since she lived in poverty for years.

Once she was only twelve years old and already knew a lot of things than most of her peers. She knew how to hunt to feed herself since they lived far from the capital and in a small village near the mountains and forests. She also forced herself to learn to read and write by herself without any help from the people in their village.