Dashi, Pearl, Tweak

"So..." Pearl said. "Our deepest, darkest secret, huh?"

"Well, actually," laughed Yza, hopping into the little triplet. "We've got something special for you. Li'l request from myself, actually. Would it be possible to have you all share your opinions on a very certain Dr Shellington Sea Otter?"

"Um..." Tweak said, uncertainly looking at Dashi, who was frantically shaking her head. Then the green rabbit smirked. "Absolutely. Let's do it."

"Mind if I sit in?" Yza asked.

"Of course," laughed Tweak. "The more the merrier."

Dashi opened her mouth to argue, than closed it again as Pearl spoke.

"Well, I think that's the case. Let's do this."

"Who goes first?" Dashi asked, voice barely a whisper.

"I will," Tweak shrugged. "I think that Shellington's really nice, but he's got to be the biggest nerd I've ever seen. I mean... he is lovely, and I think it's really cute how into his science he gets, but reading a book on remipedes while driving the Gup D isn't the smartest thing anyone's ever done."

Even Dashi, with her obviously touchy feelings on the topic, had a good laugh at that one.

"In short," Tweak continued, trying not to crack up. "Shellington's really nice and passionate for science, maybe not as passionate for his own health and safety. Alright, who's next?"

"I'll go," Pearl volunteered. "Shellington is my favourite baby brother."

"But... You only have one brother," Dashi said.

"Exactly," Pearl winked. "Interpret as you will. He's really, really nice and he's so passionate about science but at the same time he's also extremely teaseable. I guess it stems from him being my little brother and all that, but even with all the teasing and fun we still love each other so much."

"Awwww," Yza said, mentally reminding herself to tell Crash to send the recording of this to Shellington later. "That's so sweet. And what about you, Dashi?"

"Uh..." Dashi's cheeks had gone an unusually strong shade of red. "Well, um... I..."

Some innate sense in all of the questioners alerted them of an approaching confession and they all had their heads turned towards the blushing Octonaut. Discretely, of course. Crash whispered some words, waved his hand and around forty-two extra microphones whirred into the open.

"I... Look, I'm going to trust you guys with something truly important. I... I really like Shellington, and I haven't even wrapped my head around how exactly. I... I think he's super cool, and he's cute and I love the way he's so focused on his work..."

"So approach him!" Tweak whispered excitedly. "This is the perfect situation!"

"But... the fact that he's so focused on his work is what's the problem. What if he wants to keep things super professional between us? What if he doesn't want that sort of relationship?"

"The course of true love did never run smooth," quoted Yza wisely. "This is the sort of thing that you take up now or you take up never. Ultimately, it's your choice. Do you want to keep going with your life, and grow old wondering what would have happened if you'd just taken that step? Or do you want to take the risk?"

Dashi swallowed. Try as he might, Crash couldn't read her mind in that moment...