CHAPTER 8

-6 MOONS LATER-

It has been six moons since war was declared between QuailSpot's clan and the four forest clans, mostly just DuskClan and DawnClan. The chosen warriors from DuskClan, BlackBird, MountianCreek, DawnThorn, CherryFlame, WoodenSnarl, CougarPounce, RainTuft, OtterTusk, and the apprentice BeePaw. WolfSpider insisted on coming. The DawnClan warriors were HareFlight, BeachPounce, MoonGleam, NightMoth, GorseBelly, ShiveringFlame, Bumblebonk, FalconPaw, FiercePaw, and HazelPaw.

"Mom!" MountianCreek smiled and nuzzled her parents as well as DawnThorn.

"We're all here to help..." HareFlight smiled.

"QuailSpot's clan will be waiting on the other side of that mountain pass...if I know villains, they're already spread out and surrounding...Everyone should do that too...Everyone just spread out and travel in together...and stay low..." Marble appeared from the bushes and explained, everyone agreed since she knew these plains better than anyone. Her clan decided to help. MountianCreek, NightMoth and WolfSpider moved closer towards the mountain pass. WolfSpider stayed low and noticed a warrior out in the open, a distraction. MountianCreek decided to trick them into thinking it is just him alone here. He leaped out from his hiding spot and circled the warrior, not growling just circling. The warrior seemed confused.

"Ah...you are one of our guests...so you came alone...? How smart..." The she-cat smirked. "NOW!" She yowled, all the warriors of clan appeared and surrounded MountianCreek. He smirked and signaled his tail for the signal from his clanmates.

"You think I'm alone?" He smirked and the rest of DuskClan, DawnClan and Crest's clan, scrambled around him, circling around QuailSpot's clan. "Seems you're outnumbered..." MountianCreek smirked. He looked around, Rain was gone as well as three others. QuailSpot's shoved his way in the middle.

"Ah...Finally...it's my favorite time...War..." QuailSpots smirked and leaped off his hindlegs to pin WolfSpider. Before he could, a black and brown speckled tom emerged from above and smacked QuailSpot's down to the ground, pinning him down.

"EWWWWWWW!" The tom gagged and stepped off QuailSpots.

"Who are you...?" WolfSpider questioned.

"I'm ...QuailSpot's son..." He gagged. "I REALLY wish I wasn't..." He sighed and smacked his paw at QuailSpots, blowing his front paw at his side. QuailSpot's spat.

"TRAITOR! I trained you to be a killer! To be like me! I could have killed you like the rest of your kin!" He yowled, leaping at BirdEater, pinning him to the ground and digging his claws into his shoulders. "And now that's what I'm going to do" He smirked. "Oh no you do not! That is my brother you are messing with!" WolfSpider leaped from the tree and pinned Quail to the ground, biting down on his neck. "Looks like the tables have turned on our favor!" She smirked and dug her claws into QuailSpot's eyes.

"NEVER! I will be the one to kill you all! I will turn you into a killer if I have to! If that is what it takes to turn you all into people like me" QuailSpots snarled. BirdEater joined in as WolfSpider flicked her tail to the others. While BirdEater and WolfSpider were both attacking QuailSpot's, everyone else was battling the rest of the clan. Rain appeared from out of the bushes, breaking up the fight with her mom and CherryFlame.

"CherryFlame! ThymeSight's mine! You take WoodenSnarl!" BlackBird ordered and jumped off the high spot he was hanging from and pinned ThymeSight to the ground, smacking her down to the ground.

"Oh! You're still salty from last time we met." She smirked.

"I'm not salty. I'm giving you what you gave me. Pain." He snarled, digging his claws in her eyes before ThymeSight screamed and pushed him off with her back legs.

"You can tell yourself that. You caused me more pain then you think. You left me. And then I had to face the fact that I was expecting kits! You're a father!" She yowled. BlackBird's eyes widened as he shook his head.

"No! No I'm not! You're lying!" BlackBird hissed.

"You see Rain over there. She's my daughter. The last cat I was with before I was expecting was you. That's the only explanation." She hissed and bit down on his neck BlackBird pushed her off and backed away.

"N-no..." Fear clouded BlackBird's eyes.

"BlackBird look out!" WolfSpider screamed and smacked ThymeSight away. She landed away in the thorn bushes. Rain sighed and saw that MountianCreek was free. Rain leaped from off a boulder and trampling over her paws, thankfully she landed on MountianCreek to pin him to the ground.

"Rain?" He snarled, getting up to blow his front paw on her face with unsheathed claws, blood poured down from the top of her eye scar as she coughed. While everyone was fighting, a small savannah tom, with a large plump black and white tom was following behind him. The two toms appeared from out of the bushes, hearing some ruckus near their barn. Seems they were LeopardProwl and SageSight. Everyone knows ThymeSight is LeopardProwl's sister. And ThymeSight, the frail Tortishell she-cat, was Rain's mother.