The deal

She flinches at the sudden sound of her phone ringing. Athena then takes it out of her pocket to see that unknown is calling her.

Athena looks at her phone for a second before accepting the call and moves it to her ear. "Hallo,"

"Are you alone?" The Shadow Man asked in an emotionless voice.

"Yes," Athena answered as she looks around her apartment, she gets this feeling again that she is being watched or that she is not alone.

"How does it feel Athena? Lying to your friends and your parents." He asked her.

Athena close her eyes for a second "Why, why can't you just leave me, my friends and my parents alone."

"Oh because you are so much more like me then you think Athena," The Shadow Man says with a cold voice. "And I want you to do something for me, then I'll know you're loyal

"No, no I am nothing like you and I do nothing for you." Athena says as she gets angry.

"Oh, really not even of the cost of your friends or your parents getting hurt." He asked her.

Athena knows that he is playing with her but she knows she has to do what he is saying, she has the feeling that he really will hurt her friends or her parents like he said in his later, when she doesn't do what he says.

"I want something in return to prove your loyalty." Athena says in an emotionless tone.

"How about...you get to ask me a question and I have to answer but it can't be my name, In return you do something for me?" He suggested and Athena knows she probably will regret this.

"Okay," Athena agrees as she takes a deep breath before asking her question. "The face under the hood... would I recognize it?"

"Yes." He answered in a cold voice.

"Do you feel closer to me now? I do, I feel as if we're friends." He says as his tone shifts in a more serious tone. "But I'm selfish, Athena. I don't like, sharing you with other people. I need you to cut them out of your life!"

"What no! I...I can't do this, I can't hurt them. Please don't make me do this." Athena bags him as she begins to get tears in her eyes.

"Sure you can," he says in a surprisingly softer tone.

"Penelope Garcia, she's not worthy of your love,"
He said and his voice goes cold again.

"No." Athena says as tears begin to roll down her cheeks.

"And then you do the same with the rest of your team, cut them all out of your life. Or I will my way." He says before then the call ends.

Athena puts her phone away before she then breaks down crying. She promised herself many years ago when she still was a child, that she will never hurt the people she loves and care about but now she has to do exactly that to protect them. And maybe that's the only way she can get The Shadow Man's attention away from her friends and parents, to make him just focusing on her.

Athena cried for hours not knowing how she could bring herself to do it, it pains her to even think about it but she knows she has no other choice. She calms down after a while and she then decides to call the only person who could probably understand her.

_________________________________

"Hey, Emily are you alone?" Athena asked her.