Who is the shadow man

(BAU)

"Okay, so I talked to a friend from Langley. He couldn't give me Athena's full CIA history but he could give me this." JJ says when then a picture of Athena's CIA file is on the board. "But Emily can probably help us with that."

"Athena assumed the identity of Lorraine Rivers as part of the special task force called JTF-12 and as we know was the same one Emily was in." JJ say when she then turns to look at Emily.

"Yes Athena helped me get informations about Doyle back then and helped me whenever I need it, while I was in contact with him." Emily tells them while she keeps looking at the board.

"Why is it that we never found out about this when we were looking for you?" Derek asked Emily when he turns to look at her.

"Well, Athena and I make sure that it will never come out and she promised me she would not tell you guys." Emily says while she looks at the others.

_________________________________

(Athena's apartment)

While Athena is packing some things, her thoughts go back to the last letter she got from the shadow man.

The quote in the letter, Athena knows that she had heard about it before but she just can't put her finger on it where she had heard it from. Then a thought came into her mind, so she then walks to one of her bookshelves and looks for one pacific book.

When she finds it, she flips through it until she finds the exact page that has the same quote as in the letter from the shadow man. Athena then remembers how her father would always reads the book to her when she was a child.

Her father?

Athena then realized something and she really hopes that she is wrong. So she then quickly finishes packing and leaves her apartment to drive to her childhood home.

__________________________________

(Athena's apartment)

An hour later after Athena left Derek and Rossi drive to her apartment.

"It's never easy, you know, having to dig through a friend's life." Rossi says while he is looking around. "But that's not what's bugging you, is it?" He says when he then turns to Derek. "You're angry, because she crossed the line with the Shadow Man."

"No, I'm not." He says when he turns to look at Rossi. "Athena knew exactly what was going on, but she didn't bother to tell any of us."

"She couldn't without putting us or her parents at risk." Rossi tells him before he continues to look through Athena's stuff while hoping they find anything that could tell them where Athena is.

"Come on, man, we don't know that. All we do know is that she was in contact with our UnSub for a while now and insisted of coming to us with her problem, she just ran." Derek says while he is angry at Athena for lying to all of them, but he is also worried about her.

"You think it's that simple?" Rossi asked him when he then sees something between Athena's books.

"Till there's a reason not to." Derek says, he then see that Rossi found something.

"Well, here's one." Rossi says when he then founds Athena's passport.

"That's her passport, the real one. Now, if you wanted to vanish, wouldn't you take that with you?" He says when he throws Athena's passport to Derek before he then walks with Derek behind him to Athena's bedroom.