Why would she run

(BAU)

The team is still working on the case but it didn't take long for them to noticed that Athena is not there.

"Hey, guys have any one of you seen Athena today?" Reid asked as he looks at the others.

"No, she also didn't check in today, I tried to call her, but she doesn't answer." Penelope says with a kinder sad tone as she looks at the others.

The team looks at each other except from Emily she looks down. Derek then tries to call Athena and walks over to her desk but it immediately goes to voicemail. Derek then opens the drawer where he sees that Athena's badge and gun are in it.

"Guys," Derek call over to the others as he takes out the gun and badge.

"She left her badge and gun? Why would she do that." JJ asked as she looks from Derek to the others.

Hotch then looks at Emily who didn't said on word and he gets the feeling that she may know what's going on. "Prentiss do you know something?"

Emily lets out a sight and when she looks up, she sees that everyone is looking at her. Emily knows that sooner or later they will know.

"Yes I know why she's not here and I promised her I would not tell you, but I am also worried about her and I think she's may be in trouble." Emily says as she looks at the others.

Emily then begins to tell them everything Athena told her and explains everything.

"That doesn't make sense. Why run? We're her family. We can help." Reid says as he looks at the others after Emily told them everything.

"The Shadow Man is killing families and probably everyone he sees as a target, he was really to wipe us out. She ran to protect us." Rossi explains, when he realized why Athena run.

_________________________________

(Athena)

After the call with The Shadow Man, Athena immediately regrets her decision to tell him a name.

Athena then runs out of her apartment and runs to Peter's house which is only a few blocks away.

When Athena arrives at Peter's house she can see that his front door is open and she immediately runs inside to then see blood on the floor.

Athena turns to look in the living room, to then see Peter's dead body laying on the floor, with blood being everywhere.

She gasp when she sees Peter's dead body. Then Athena's phone rings and with a shaking hand she takes it out of her pocket.

"You killed him." Athena says when she answers the call with a shaking voice.

"Peter was one of DC's sons and because of me, you don't have his blood on your hands." The Shadow Man told her in a cold voice before he continued. "But you've already given me the most wonderful gift, you said Peter's name. In that moment of nakedness, you let me see the real Athena Valentine. And she was beautiful and righteous. Judge, jury, executioner..."

"No, no, that's not...I'm...That's..." Athena tries to explain that this is not who she is but doesn't know how.

"Now that I've seen your true self, Athena, the real work can begin." He told her in his usual cold voice.

"No, why can't you just leave me alone?" She asked him, she just wants this nightmare to end.

"Because we're not finished. If you don't help me, you'll be responsible for far worse. DC's streets will run red" he told her in a dangerous way.

"And if I don't? If I refuse?" Athena asked him.

"Someone will be purified, don't test me on that." He warned her before the call ends.

When the call ends Athena immediately leaves the house and when she looks at her phone for a minute, she sees that she has several missing calls from the team but she decides to ignores it, she just can't risk that more people get hurt because of her.

Athena gets a really bed feeling about all of this before she makes her way back to her apartment to then pack some of her things to leave.

_________________________________

(BAU)

"She's a trained spy. She doesn't wanna be found." Rossi said when the looks at the other.

"She knows all of our tricks. We don't really know any of hers." Derek says when his gaze turns to Emily.

"I can help with that, we worked together as spy's, I know her tricks." Emily told the others when her gaze then went to Hotch.

"All right, then how do we find her?" Penelope asked the others with a mix of worry and determination in her voice.

"Here's how. The Shadow Man is our UnSub, Athena is our victim. We profile their behavior and we treat it like any other case." Hotch tells the others. "And Prentiss is right now the only one who can shed light on Athena's past."