04

CHAPTER 04ˎˊ˗
IMGONNAGETYOUBACK

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ೃ⁀➷ "YOU'RE INSUFFERABLE"  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

ೃ⁀➷ "YOU'RE INSUFFERABLE"  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

THE SSR HAD TAKEN in the submarine that was found by Steve that the man who had been a undercover spy for Hydra, and in which he attempted to flee in.

And Howard and Marie were put to the task to decipher the technology behind it. Which was already a ill choice to put Marie and Howard in close proximity especially working on the same project. The two bickered like an old couple.

"Would you quite moving my glasses!" She raised her voice as she looked around for her glasses. "And why would i move your glasses Barnes?" he asked her with a small smirk. While her eyes glared at him. "Because your immaturity level is higher than a teenage boy's" she snapped as he shook his head and took a peek at the engine.

She snatched her glasses that were on the ledge that he definitely moved. Because she did not put them there.

"Move" marie pushed him out of the way as he watched her examine the engine. Her brows furrowed as she has never seen technology like this before.

"Yeah it's impossible to know what it is" Howard spoke up as she shot him a glare. "Yeah well it's impossible to know when you keep blabbering over there" she mumbled as he let out a annoyed laugh.

Colonel Philips cleared his throat as the two's head snapped up as their bickering ended. "What have we got here?" He asked the two scientists as Marie glanced to Howard.

"Speaking modestly. I'm the best mechanical engineer in this country" Howard spoke as he looked up to the men. Maries brown eyes rolled as she heard Howard talk so highly of himself.

"But neither of us know what's inside this thing or how it works" Howard explained as Marie looked at the men. "We arent even close to this technology" Marie added as her arms crossed as Howards head nodded along with her words.

"Then who is?" One of the men asked confused as looked to the two scientists. "Hydra. Im sure you've been reading our briefings" Philips answered sarcastically. "Im on a number of committees, Colonel" the man responded annoyed as Peggy and Steve walked out into the room.

"Hyrda is the Nazi deep-science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions" she explained as Steve trailed behind her. "Hydra is practically a cult" Philips added as Maries head nodded listening along. "They worship Schmidt. They think he's invincible" Philips informed the confused group of people.

"So what are you going to do about it?" He asked. "I spoke to the President this morning. As of today, the SSR is being re tasked." Colonel explained as Maries eyes followed him.

"Colonel?" Peggy asked as he began walking. Marie waited anxiously with anticipation as she wondered if she was going to be re tasked. "We are taking the fight to Hydra. Pack your bags, Agent Carter. You too Stark, and you Barnes." Colonel informed as Marie had a small smile on her face as she nodded her head.

"We're flying to London tonight." He told them. "Sir? If you're going after Schmidt, I want in" Steve spoke up as Peggy let out a small sigh. "You're an experiment. You're going to Alamogordo" Philips reminded him as Steve stared at him in disbelief.

"The serum worked!" He exclaimed as he looked around with his arms opened. "I asked for an army. All i got was you. You are not enough." Colonel words stabbed through Steve like a knife. Philips walked away as Steve stood there like a lost puppy as Marie frowned a bit.

As one of the men accompanying Philips began talking to Steve as they started to walk away. Their conversation becoming indistinguishable as they continued to walk farther away.

"Now i get to suffer with you for even longer than i should" Marie told him as she wiped her hands on one of the clothes. "Im not that insufferable" Howard reasoned as her lips quirked up into a amusing smile.

"Then you Howard Stark are oblivious" she laughed as he couldn't help but just stare at her smile. "And you act like you aren't unbearable." He replied as she turned to him. "Because at least i know im down to Earth" she defended herself as Howard rolled his eyes once again and turned away from her.

"Not gonna pull the drink card?" She teased as he let out a chuckle. "I have to find a new way" he answered as her mouth made a "mm" sound and walked to the other side of the submarine.

"Better be a good way" she called over to him as he let out a chuckle.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Julia Speaks!
Should i write the two agent carter seasons? Or should I just write the first avengers. Lmk yall 😜