06

CHAPTER 06 ˎˊ˗
IMGONNAGETYOUBACK

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ೃ⁀➷ FONDUE  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

ೃ⁀➷ FONDUE  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

ONLY 50 OF THE men that were sent to go against Schmidt returned. And Bucky was not one of those 50 men.

She was a nervous wreck and Peggy tried her best to ease her nerves away. But it didn't work on Marie.

"Marie, take a deep breath. He could be a prisoner okay?" Peggy rubbed her friend's shoulder as Marie tried her best to take a deep breath. Peggy was attempting to coax her friend's nerves but she even knew herself. The chance of them still breathing was slim.

"Just please dont jump to conclusions. Because you could be wrong." Peggys British accent coaxed her as Marie chewed on her bottom lip. A habit she picked up when she was young, and her mom always scolded her whenever she caught sight of her doing it.

"Thanks Peg" Marie had a soft smile as Peggy mirrored her expression. "Anytime" Peggy spoke softly as Marie stared ahead. "I need to tell you about something" Peggy told her as Marie nodded her head motioning she was listening.

"What?" She asked as Peggy sighed.

"Steve is going to attempt a rescue mission, but i fear i have doubts." Peggy explained as Marie turned to her. "Steve is?" She asked puzzled as Peggys head nodded at her words.

"Philips doesnt know, only us two. And Howard" Peggy informed as Maries lips pursed. Debating whether or not she should ask to come. "I want in" Marie turned back to Peggy as she had a look of distraught on her face.

"No, I dont think thats the best idea" Peggy reasoned with her. Knowing it would not be successful since Marie was known for her stubbornness.

"No im going Peg" Marie asserted as Peggy let a sigh leave her red lips. Once she had her mind made up, you could not change it. A lot like Howard.

A idea sparked in Peggy's head as she thought about the distaste Marie had for Howard. "Howards coming" Peggy added as Marie eyes rolled. "Im still coming Peg" Marie laughed a bit as Peggy nodded her head with a small chuckle.

"Alright" She spoke exasperated as Marie had a small smirk on her face.

THE FOUR ALL SAT in a plane that Howard was the pilot of. And Marie fidgeted with her hands as Peggy showed Steve the location of Hyrda on a map.

"We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep." Howard called out to the three as Peggy looked to Steve. "Just get me as close you as can" Steve shouted back as Marie eyes watched Steve. He looked nervous, but rightfully so.

"You three are gonna be in a lot of trouble when you land" Steve reminded as Marie rolled her eyes. "And you wont?" Peggy quipped as Marie had a small amused smile on her face.

"Where im going if anybody yells at me, I can just shoot them." Steve explained to the two women. "They will undoubtedly shoot back" Peggy added as Marie nodded her head.

"Even worse possibly with their advanced weapons and technology" Marie spoke up as she reminded Steve what was at hand. In result Steve looked a tad bit concerned.

"Well, lets hope its good for something" Steve tried to shake away the worry radiating from the two but it wasn't effective. He gathered everything he needed as he let out a small sigh.

"Barnes?!" Howard called out as Marie chewed on the inside of her cheek. Bracing herself for what stupid comment Howard would throw at her now.

"If we're not in too much of a hurry, I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late-night fondue?" Howard offered her the idea as she already knew a smirk was slapped on his face.

Marie let out a huff in annoyance as Steves eyes watched her, and Peggy just looked undoubtedly annoyed. "You and Stark?" Steve asked as Marie gawked at him. "That serum must have messed with your mind. Because what?" Marie exclaimed shocked and partly annoyed as Peggy had a small smile on her face.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot i've ever seen" Peggy changed the subject and Marie was thankful for it. "He's mad enough to brave this airspace. We're lucky to have him" Peggy turned slightly, in a manor to scold her like a mom. To which Marie as she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah real lucky" Marie mumbled under her breath as Steve glanced to Marie. "So are you two?" Steve asked as Marie raised a eyebrow. "Do you two fondue?" He asked confused as Maries mouth gaped open at his words.

"Steve Grant Rogers!" Marie scolded for him to ever think of such crude things. Peggy glanced between the two as Steve just slightly nodded his head. "This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you" peggy handed him the device breaking the awkward tension.

Marie let out an annoyed huff of air as she crossed her arms and stared at the wall ahead. "Are you sure this thing works?" Steve called out to Howard unsure if he should put faith into the device.

"Its been tested more than you, pal" Howard responded as he looked to Marie for confirmation. She nodded her head as a gunfire sound shook the plane. Marie grabbed onto the nearest thing which was the wall as she braced herself for some impending doom.

Steve got up as the plane kept shaking as gunshots rang through the plane. "Get back here! We're taking you all the way!" Peggy reminded him as her voice yelled over the loud shots.

"As soon as im clear, you turn this thing around and get the hell out of here!" Steve yelled as he sat down and held onto the openings frame for support. "You cant give me orders!" Peggy shouted as he looked at her.

"The hell i cant! Im a captain!" He reminded as Marie rolled her eyes. "Im gonna get Buck Marie!" Steve promised and put his goggles on his face and jumped out the opening.

Marie peaked over Peggys shoulder as they saw Steve soaring through the sky.

"Unbelievable" Peggy spoke in disbelief as closed the opening. "He jump out?!" Howard asked as his voice shouted. "Yes!" Marie yelled back as she sat back down. "Take up that offer on the fondue?" Howard asked teasingly as Marie wasn't even shocked anymore.

"What a hard question!" Marie replied as Peggy gave her a amused smile. "So a yes?" He asked hopeful as she smiled. "No!" She ended his pestering question.

Howard shook his head a bit with a smile on his face and continued to fly the plane.