Live For Something

~ Chapter 18~

Someone tried to commit suicide or homicide. I wasn't exactly positive but it was in the hospital. I had no idea who it could have been. We all had to get out of the building. I was really scared because I couldn't find any of my other friends, besides Elisa. Everyone's crying and holding onto people and the staff looked really guilty and a bit shammed.

It was just about time for bed, Elisa and I were just talking in are separate beds when we both heard a few crashes and screaming and that's when the PA system came on, telling us that we had to evacuate the building, immediately.

Everyone was racing down the hallways. Everything seems to be going in slow mo. I nearly had a panic attack because of all the screaming and running. We all went across the street where there were police cars with the writing LAKE CITY POLICE and an ambulance from the same city. The sky was dark and the lights were blinking every which way. To be honest, this was one of the most frightening situations I've ever been in.

I nearly fainted but when I felt strong arms around my stomach I felt safe. The two of us collapsed to the dry grass and I buried my face into his shirt. I didn't know who but I didn't really care. I just needed someone to hug.

"Scarlett," Parker. He whispered in my ear before squeezing me harder.

Since the roof encounter, we have gotten closer. Practically best friends.

Of course he could never replace Jett or Sebastian but it was just nice to know that someone was fighting for me and not taking pity on me for once.

"When I heard some people talking that a patient nearly end their life, my heart stomped beating. I thought- maybe- it could have been you." His voice was shaking uncontrollably. Every word he spoke he seemed to be gripping me harder. I found it really hard to breathe.

"I'm fine, Parker, please you are hurting me." I managed to let out and he hesitated before letting me go.

I took I a deep breath before speaking,

"I felt the same way, I almost fainted before you attacked me. Does anyone know who it-

Before I could even finish, the medics were wheeling out a body with an arm that was covered in blood and hooked up to an oxygen mask. The minute I saw the persons black hair, all the blood and emotion rain out of my face and I froze. It felt like it was an eternity before I managed to move.

Before I knew it, I was screaming with tears streaming down my cheeks as I broke out of Parker's grip and ran to my brown eyed boy.

The police were trying to keep my from going to him but I made a quick move to Jett before they lifted him into the back of the ambulance.

I grabbed his good hand and pulled it up to my lips. I looked into his distant eyes. It was like he was here but not. A body without a soul. He only managed a few mutters before he fell unconscious.

"W-will he be o-okay?" I cried to one of the medics. She looked at me with hopefully eyes but a dead frown on her lips

"We have to get him to the hospital. He is losing a lot of blood." The blonde medic spoke first.

"Are you a family member?" The redhead spoke up next.

"I'm his cousin." I lied. I knew that they knew it was a lie too, but if I said I was a friend then they wouldn't let me ride in the back with him.

"Okay. Get in." The blond motioned to the truck and then focused on getting Jett in.

Before I had a chance to clump in, I heard a few shouts."Scarlett!" All my friends came running. Their eyes red and faces worried.