It Doesn't Get Better

~Prologue~

"It will be okay." That's what everyone says.

"Life gets better." They say, urging me to get help.

"Oh my god, why do you do this to yourself? You're so much better!"

They have no idea what it feels like to hate everything about yourself.

How can they possibly say that it gets better? Trust me it doesn't.

I have been dealing with this since I was ten years old. Six years. I've been slicing my wrists for six years. Skipping meals. I've been wearing bracelets everyday, hoodies in the 90 degree weather, plastering a fake smile, for six long years.

The thing is, I don't care anymore. I don't need help. I don't want it.

But, my mom apparently wants to care now. So she's shipping me off to a mental ward.

"You need help." No I don't.

"And I want you to get it." You don't give a damn about me.

"So, I've decided to send you to a Hospital for teenagers just like you in Utah." I don't want to go.

"It will be difficult, and it will be for awhile. It's for your own good." Shut up. You just want to get rid of me.

She gets off my bed and grabs my suitcase from the top of my closet shelf.

"Start packing." She tosses the black rectangular trunk next to me and lights up a cigarette before walking out of my room.

I slam the door shut, it causes the mirror on the back of it to make a crack through the middle of it. Pictures of beautiful, skinny girls fall to the floor.

The girl staring back at me has long flat jet black hair. Her emerald eyes are red and swelled up from crying. Her black mascara running down her pale skin. She wears a long sleeve black sweater and grey sweat pants.

You're so fucking fat. How can you live with yourself, knowing no one loves you? better off dead.

"Shut up!" I throw my fist into the mirror and it shatters into a million pieces on the floor.

My hand is covered with red and sharp pieces injected in my skin. The crimson drops to the floor as the tears run like wild fire. There's a big puddle of blood on the floor and before I know it, I hear the sirens in the distance.