Chapter Twenty-Four

The next morning I had breakfast with Maverick as he explained the simple ceremony and then I spent the next few hours in my room reading through the rest of my information books Mary had recommended.

I felt like I understood my human body much better now and was more curious than ever to explore these new feelings with my mate. One of the books was even specifically written for our species and had a lot more information on mate bonds and mating that really helped to explain everything and reassured my strong feelings towards Maverick.

As it got close to dark Leah and Isabelle came bursting into my room and rushed me into a shower, stating they wanted to help me get ready for the ceremony and impress the pack. After my shower I dried off and wrapped myself in my fluffy robe before settling in the vanity chair.

Leah quickly began working products through my hair and then diffusing it while Isabelle worked on my makeup. I just sat quietly and let them work their magic while trying not to let my nerves get to me. "Alright, what do you think?" they asked in sync as they stepped back and I grinned then stared in awe. "Wow, my cheeks look so defined." I eyed them closely and Isabelle smiled.

"I did more makeup than before today, some foundation, concealer and setting powder with contour and a little blush. I defined your brows a bit with a pencil and then did a smokey cat-eye with shadow and eyeliner, mascara and finished the look with dark red lip liner and lipstick." she smiled brightly and most of the words went over my head but I nodded along anyway. "Thank you I love it."

"And I used the diffuser and then a curling iron and got these gorgeous curls to really stand out and twisted a bit of these side pieces back into a French braid so its out of your face but your hair is still mostly down." Leah grinned as I turned and examined the onyx waterfall of curls with a lovely braid down the center and smiled brightly. "You did an amazing job, thank you."

"Now lets get this on you!" Isabelle smiled as she held out a dress and they helped me slip it on over the black satin undergarments they had already convinced me to wear earlier. The dress was as black as my hair and absolutely stunning with a sweetheart neckline, thin shoulder straps and a corset bodice with a bit of lace.

The skirt fell in a layered hemline that was a bit ruffled and longer in the middle, showing off my legs without being too revealing. They convinced me to try on what they called black leather platform heels, snugly buckling them around my ankles.

After pacing around my room for a bit I found they weren't as hard to walk in as I thought they would be and felt confident as I followed them out of my room and to the stairs. I smiled when I saw Maverick waiting at the bottom dressed nicely in black slacks and a white long sleeved button up and he stared with an open mouth as I carefully stepped down towards him. His sisters giggled at his expression and he gave them a half-hearted growl before holding his hand out to me with a breathtaking smile.

"You look... absolutely incredible," he murmured into my ear as he pulled me into his chest and I blushed. "Like a fallen angel sent here to capture my heart." I giggled at his words and pecked his cheek. "Thank you. You look amazing too." I smiled as I glanced over his outfit again and he smirked. "I look better out of it." he winked and I blushed but stood on tip-toe to whisper in his ear. "Maybe you can prove that later."

I giggled and quickly darted away with Leah and Isabelle as he growled and when I glanced back the promise in his eyes made my knees feel a bit weak as he stalked after us. Leah and Isabelle pulled me to the back patio doors and then handed me back to Maverick. "Alright you two, get out there and make everyone jealous." Leah grinned and I smiled as they opened the doors.

We strode out on to the patio, seeing Andrew standing ahead and smiling at us and Maverick stopped near him. I gazed around and noticed it looked like the entirety of the pack was gathered in the backyard and looking up at him expectantly. "Thank you all for coming! Tonight is a very special night," Andrew called and the crowd quickly went quiet. "Tonight we have a new wolf joining our pack!"

The pack cheered and howled excitedly and Andrew let them for a few moments before raising his hand for silence again. "This wolf is not only joining our pack, but she is also the mate of my son and your future Alpha! So please give a warm welcome to Cassandra, your future Luna!" he announced proudly and I tried not to let my nerves get to me as I held my head high. Nyx came forwards and melded our conscious seamlessly, giving me her solid confidence as we smiled out at the pack who continued to cheer.

"Cassandra," Andrew held his hand out towards me and I stepped forwards to take it. "Is it your wish to join the Silver Forest Pack?" he asked and I lifted my chin confidently. "It is." I spoke without hesitation and he smiled. "Then as Alpha of the Silver Forest Pack, I accept your pledge and invite you to join our pack."

He used a silver ceremonial dagger to cut his palm as he spoke, holding it out to me next. I took the dagger and easily cut my own palm, ignoring the pain and quickly pressed my bleeding palm to Andrew's. I immediately felt a large pressure build up behind my eyes and took a deep breath as I forced myself to relax and accept the pack link.

'Welcome to the pack.' Andrew spoke in my mind through the open pack link and I smiled as cheers and howls echoed through the link and the air with many others greeting me as well. I released Andrew's hand and gave the dagger back to him before turning back to my mate.

He smiled widely as he strode forwards and grabbed my waist, spinning me around as he pressed his lips to mine. I giggled and hugged his neck, blocking off the pack link and focusing only on him. 'Hi.' I linked him and he smiled widely. 'Hey beautiful.' he responded with a wink and I blushed but smiled. "Lets go mingle with the pack a bit." he said out loud as he placed me back on my feet and I nodded.

We spent about an hour talking to multiple different people and they were all very kind and welcoming. I was soon ready to return to my room though and Maverick quickly noticed, soon excusing us and heading back inside. He suddenly swung me up into his arms and cradled me against his chest with a wide grin as I giggled. "Maverick! Put me down, I can walk."

"I like carrying you more though." he winked and I smiled, kissing his cheek and leaning against his chest contentedly. After a few moments we entered my room and he carefully set me on my feet before helping me to take off my heels. "Thank you." I smiled and he kissed my cheek. "Anything for you love."

I padded into my closet and grabbed a black tank top with a pair of black shorts and black cotton underwear before heading into my bathroom to quickly change and took the braid out of my hair. I kept the hair band on my wrist and then removed all of my makeup, washing my face and applying my moisturizer. I also applied some lotion to my arms and legs before stepping back into my room and smiling at Maverick.

His nose twitched and he groaned slightly as his eyes glowed briefly while he looked at me. "Whatever soaps and lotion you use combines perfectly with your scent, it drives me crazy." I blushed as I sat on my bed and looked up at him curiously. "What do I smell like? You smell like... sagebrush and pine to me, its really soothing and addictive."

"You smell like wildflowers and honey, sweet and delicious." he smirked with a gleam in his eyes and I blushed. "Does that mean I taste good?" I teased and he growled hungrily before giving me a dangerous smile. "You know, I seem to remember a little comment someone made earlier that I plan to make good on." he said as his hands moved to his collar and he began slowly unbuttoning it.

----------

A/N: Hope you are enjoying the story so far! Don't forget to vote and comment if you are!