Chapter 2

Camila's mom stood frozen in her spot, as Camila's father got off of Camila, buttoning his pants, and buckling his belt again. Camila laid there frozen in her position not being able to move.

Clearing his throat before he could speak, "Hi honey how was work?" Camila's dad said standing up straight and smiling.

Camila's mother walked over to him, with Camila staring at her, still laying down. As she slapped him straight across the face. "Get. The fuck out." She said through gritted teeth.

Alejandro simply walked over to the kitchen table, grabbing his keys, exiting through the front door, driving off.

Camila still said nothing, not being able to say a single word. Sinu, Camila's mother, turned from her spot, to the left to face Camila, she sat next to Camila's legs, grabbing a hold of her hands and helping her sit up.

There was a small silence for about two minutes or so, until Camila finally was able to look at her mother in her eyes, as she quickly embraced her mother in a tight hug.

Sinu hugged her back, grasping her as if she were the last breath of fresh air in the world.

"What is happening?" Sinu asked as a sob escaped her mouth. Camila loosened her grip on her mother, and looked at her, as tears trailed her cheeks.

"That was the closest he's ever came to doing anything to me", she paused for a second, "mami..", she paused again, "He hasn't done anything to me except bruise my shoulders, but he's been doing things to Sofi, and he told me if I were to say anything to you, I would be next, and I was close to telling you. Whenever I called you to the kitchen table to talk with you, I was going to tell you." Camila said bawling her eyes out with tears.

Sinu got up from the couch, with eyes wide open and wild. "Where is she?" She asked horrified. Camila looked pretty scared herself. "In my room sleeping", she said quickly, Sinu already half way up the stairs, "please don't scare her more than she already is." Camila tried to say loudly, but could barely even say above a whisper, as her mother was out of sight already in Camila's room.

Camila placed her legs from ontop of the couch to the floor, smoothing out her shirt, her hands shaking, and her eyes wide open. She stared down at the carpet, trembling in place.

Sinu walked into Camila's bedroom, watching Sofi as she took a nap while she stood in the doorway.

She covered her mouth to make sure no sobs escaped. She made her way over next to Sofi, and gently woke her up.

"Sofi, mija get up, let's go for some icecream okay?" Sofi fluttered her eyes open.

She got up from Camila's bed, yawned, and tiredly said, "Okay mami, just let me get my shoes first." With a little smile at the end.

Sinu made her way downstairs into the living room to tell Camila that she would be back in a while.

"I'm going to take Sofi out for a bit, and talk with her about what's been going on and stuff. I want to do all I can to really understand what's going on. It's my fault for never realizing."

Camila quickly tore her eyes away from the carpet to look at her mother. "Mami. No, by all means, it's my fault I never realized. Being around her the whole time and I didn't even bother asking or even getting hints about it at all."

Sinu was about to say something else until Sofi showed up at the bottom step of the staircase. "We'll be back later Camila, if, you know who, comes back, call the cops okay? Sofi go get your coat from the front closet, it's raining kinda bad outside."

Sofi turned to her left to head towards the closet and grab her coat. Camila checked her phone for the time and battery percentage, then looked up to her mother and said, "Don't worry I will." Sinu gave a sad smile.