187

An enormous, imposing snow-capped mountain, holding nothing within.

Yes, that's always how Paul Bohr felt about his mother.

"You may enjoy your childish games, but don't forget who you are."

As this familiar admonition was fully conveyed after a long time, his body tensed automatically.

"Furthermore, remember where House Bohr's power comes from. Yet, somehow, you seem to keep forgetting your place."

"I have never once forgotten that the family always comes first."

As he was being rebuked, he quickly responded without missing a beat. At his textbook reply, Grace once again hung a gentle smile at the corner of her eyes.

"That's good. Then, make sure to visit Reina again soon. It doesn't seem like you'll be meddling with medicine or whatever anymore..."

Pausing momentarily, Grace slowly closed and opened her eyes, murmuring 'Ferrero Rosé' under her breath. Soon, however, she raised her head, which had been tilted slightly, and donned her characteristic knowing smile.

"That clever Chantra. I can never tell what she'll do next. That's why this mother of yours is uneasy."

"I fully understand, Mother."

"Well then, my child. For my sake, will you visit the Palace of the Thirteenth Moon soon?"

"Of course, Mother."

He promptly responded, mirroring his mother's smile.

"Thank you, my son."

"It's my duty, after all."

With his characteristic playful smile, Paul picked up his now-lukewarm tea and slowly wetted his throat.

Always after speaking with his mother, he felt as if he had swallowed dozens of needles, his throat prickling painfully.

"The tea has gone cold. I'll have a fresh pot prepared."

"Thank you, Mother."

Yes, walking on thin ice.

That was the situation Paul Bohr found himself in.

His life, never easy, had become even more like tightrope walking since the moment the voice recording magic stone was implanted in his body.

'But... this is the best I can do.'

To protect Reina, he must be the best son possible.

* * *

"Where should this be moved?"

At the brisk question, Reina, who had been standing and checking the list of luggage, momentarily closed it.

"Since it's for the Ferrero Rosé staff to use, place it wherever is convenient. After all, this place becomes the Ferrero Rosé family's space starting today."

At her considerate response, the man who had asked the question nodded vigorously and exclaimed,

"Yes! Understood!"

At this, Maria, standing beside Reina, whispered.

"Everyone seems to be in high spirits."

"It seems so."

Indeed. No matter how renowned 'Ferrero Rosé' was, it was ultimately just a bakery whose fate was determined by the whims of nobility.

Moreover, because of their secretive roots, they must have always felt like they were being cornered at the edge of a cliff.

"Having Your Eminence the Saintess personally look after us... Now I don't have to worry about my children's well-being, and I'm just grateful."

One fact had become apparent while pulling Ferrero Rosé into the Palace of the Thirteenth Moon.

According to the knights of the Red Thorn's Third Order-now Reina's personal information squad-the Ladici Empire was still searching for descendants of 'Rosénia.'

Of course, the reasons now differed from when they were blinded by power, assassinated the emperor, and ousted reformers like Rosé... But for the descendants of Rosénia, this was no less unwelcome news.

'It's the perfect position to be betrayed.'

Perhaps deep down, they also saw Reina as a similar danger.

'That's to be expected. How could the past persecutions be easily forgotten?'

Simply put, they must have decided that 'the saintess' was a better option than the Ladici Empire, which, after stabbing them in the back, now pleaded for their return. It's for this reason that they must strive to ensure their choice doesn't lead to regret.

Thus, Reina planned to support all the research that they desired.

Ah, but that doesn't mean she intends to play the guardian role forever.

'Let's see... Ferrero Rosé accurately records the effects and uses of their ingredients, right?'

Then she can now begin to dive seriously into pharmacology.

"Hmm... but for that, I'll soon need specialized tools for research... and I can't exactly outsource this to House Stymist either."

It wasn't possible to order the people with separate affiliations to make them. They weren't fully Reina's people yet, and there was a risk of information leakage.

As she mulled over how best to supply what was needed for her research...

"Reina."

A familiar fragrance enveloped her from behind, and she was suddenly embraced.

"Oh my gosh!"

Caught off guard and not having noticed any approach, she was startled, and a soft chuckle sounded above her head.

"What are you thinking about so cutely?"

As arms naturally wrapped themselves around her midsection, she slightly turned her head to look up at the person behind her.

"Was I cute just now?"

Ethan lightly kissed the corner of her eye, smiling mischievously.

"You're always cute, Reina."

Accepting the brief kiss with ease, Reina giggled and fully turned into his embrace. Stretching her arms, she nestled comfortably into his chest, rubbing her forehead against it like always.

"Why did you come back so late? I thought I was going to die of missing you."

"Good thing I came back before you died."

At his playful response, Reina pulled away her head and gave him an equally playful glare.

"What? Was I the only one who's missing the other person, Ethan?"

"Of course not."

"Then why such a reaction? Hurry up and say 'I thought I was going to pass out from missing you too.'"

Narrowing her eyes endearingly, she urged him, and Ethan finally burst into boisterous laughter, pressing his forehead against hers.