3-37 The Quick visit of Evan

*Evan POV*

I hid in a bush near the Human Kingdom and started my reconnaissance. Just like last time, the patrols were high, and there were cavalries patrolling the plains outside the walls of the kingdom, The cavalries were far away from each other but I bet they can easily assemble in a formation if things go awry. There were a number of archers on top of the wall and probably some mages there too.

I knew it, letting Luna stay at home was the best idea, I don't think I'll be able to do much if they all go after me. I know I promised Luna that I'd bring her somewhere, but if things are to go down then my only option is to bring Luna somewhere else... The elven kingdom is probably a nice choice.

I took in a deep breath as I looked over the empty grass field surrounding the Kingdom where all the cavalry was patrolling around.

I'm kinda scared to go in there... That is what the past me would have said. But, that was because I didn't have a reliable weapon with me. I got a decent sword for close range and a decent bow for long range. I'm also fast enough to run away from this situation if need be but that's a last resort.

I waited and stalked them from the bush I was hiding in like a hungry lion waiting for its chance to pounce. Only, I was looking for a chance to get close to the gate. I'll probably get surrounded by all the guards, but I can use the grapple to climb the wall and use my speed to run away or hide.

As soon as all the cavaliers were far away, I took in a deep breath.

Alright... Let's do this.

I used my grapple and shield charge technique to bolt forward at an insane speed. One of the archers immediately noticed me and blew into a horn which alerted everyone of my presence, It doesn't matter, just because they know I'm coming, doesn't mean they can stop me.

They readied their bow and I saw some mages readying their magic staff, Some of the arrows were shot toward me, but thankfully, through the reflex skill, I was able to weave through the barrage, but honestly, the barrage of arrows isn't even aimed at me, it's more like they're trying to stop me instead of trying to attack me.

The mages casted some kind of spell that surrounded the entire battlefield with a blueish icy-looking fog.

Chilled: Movement speed lowered by 30%

Oh you've gotta be kidding me.

I didn't even consider they'd be able to cripple my movement. I'm seriously starting to understand why everyone says not to charge against a whole battalion as a single soldier. Thankfully the chilled status doesn't affect the reeling-in ability of my grapple and the charge speed of my shield charge.

The cavalry was catching up but it didn't matter much, I might be slowed but I've almost done what I wanted to do. Which is capturing one of the guards and asking about the situation, but the question now is how I'm going to escape from this situation.

While I was thinking this, something unimaginable happened. The guards near the gate who were holding their spears pointed at me, suddenly pointed the spears away and held their hands up as if surrendering.

One of those guards suddenly started screaming at me, "Evan of the silver Daemons Tribe! We mean you no harm! Please stop this recklessness!"

Oh my god, does that mean the warnings given by the guild master and Tifa actually worked? Wait, if it did work then why the hell is the security so tight!

The cavalry was still far away enough that they'd still need a minute to catch up to me, the archers and the mages had stopped attacking me so I have the perfect opportunity to talk to them.