1: Sorry We Had To Meet This Way

From the first moment I stepped in this school for the first time, I knew I was hated already.

I didn't have any friends except my brother. Not even at my last school.
I was treated like I didn't exist. I was only acknowledged by teachers and the principal. Oh, and the janitor.

I was pretty much a loner. I talked to no one really. Only my brother, Mikey. I hated everyone at my last school for the way they all treated me.
I hated everyone at this school as well.
Mikey wasn't in the same school as me. I was expelled from his school. The reason being I got into a lot of fights. Oh well.

I sat down at my desk in science class while it was empty. Class started in five, so I figured I had nothing else better to do than wait. I had been at this stupid school for about a year. Still had no friends. Probably because I didn't want them so I was purposely being an asshole towards everyone. Or maybe because people just didn't like me. Either way, oh well. At least I didn't have a partner to get on my nerves.

Mr. Williams walked in and was startled by me at my desk.

"Gerard," he said. He casually placed paperwork into his desk drawer. He sat down at his desk and started filling out more paperwork. "Early again?"

I nodded and sighed.

"Why don't you talk to anybody, Gerard? You've been here a year and I think you might've said three words to me the entire time," he said. He ran his fingers through his hair. I mean, Mr. Williams is nice and all, but he's weird. He seems like he's so interested in everything when I know he isn't. He raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged. He sighed and shook his head. "Maybe if you talked to people more, you'd have a friend. Why are you so antisocial?"

I rolled my eyes. Antisocial? Really? And yeah, right. Talking would only make my life even worse. I'm completely okay with being quiet.
I don't understand Mr. Williams sometimes. I didn't really like him. His daughter, Hayley is... Crazy. That's all I can say. She tries to chat with me but I ignore her. She is too weird for my liking.

"People like me don't have friends," I said quietly, not making eye contact. I started to play with my fingers, trying to show him I was bored.

"People like you?" He questioned, perhaps surprised I spoke. He got out of his chair and walked over to me. I looked up but then looked away. I sighed.

"Loners."

"Gerard, are you okay?"

Yeah, sure. I'm completely okay. I don't wanna kill myself because everyone hates me at all, Mr. Williams. Yes, I'm overreacting, but I know myself, I can't deny that I am very suicidal, stressed out, depressed and pissed off. It's kind of obvious, you know, probably written all over my face.

"Hayley could be your friend if you'd let her," he sighed. He knows I'm not particularly fond of his daughter, so why push her on me? He shook his head as I snorted at his comment.

I don't fucking care. I don't want that crazy girl as my friend. Why the hell would you dare to suggest something so completely fucking stupid? Oh that's right. You are stupid. And now I'm back to not liking him again. We have a mutual understanding of each other. When I'm pissed at him, he backs off and I do the same. And eventually, I think it clicked in that tiny little brain of his that his daughter was a fucking weirdo, because he didn't dare say a damn word about when I snorted at his dumb comment.

"Well, there is a new kid," he announced. "You could befriend him. He's 15. Not too young, won't get on your nerves. He's actually very polite and I'm sure you two would probably get along okay if he just ignored and looked past your rudeness and..." He trailed off. But he was right. I was rude. I was rude for a reason. He shook his head. "I'm sorry."