Chapter 19: Jealousy

NO ONE'S POV

The three crackheads were all still asleep, except for Mikha, who had gotten plenty of rest during the three-hour drive the night before.

Mikha was the first to check her phone to see what time it was and noticed that she still had two hours to prepare.

Not sure what had gotten into her, she decided to go for a morning jog.

She dressed herself up, but instead of her usual baggy clothes, she opted for a black Calvin Klein top paired with not-so-baggy black jogging pants.

She also decided to wear contact lenses and tied her black hair into a ponytail.

"Ready to go." she mumbled to herself as she grabbed her headphones.

Dahan-dahan siyang bumaba sa living room, careful not to wake her friends.

Meanwhile, Aiah was also out for a jog with Gelo, who had just returned from America yesterday.

"Oh bakit umalis ‘yon?" Sheena asked curiously habang sinundan ng tingin si Mikha.

Aiah, on the other hand, felt a pang of guilt. She knew deep down—and not just because she was assuming—that Mikha was affected by her distancing herself.

She wasn't completely avoiding Mikha, but she was definitely trying to minimize their interactions because of what she was feeling.

Aiah knew that the way she acted and how she felt around Mikha wasn't exactly normal.

Mikha had this way of making her feel things, both familiar and unfamiliar.

Never in her life had Aiah doubted her sexuality, but ever since that incident when Mikha had a fever, she had been utterly confused.

So iniisip n'ya na baka naguguluhan lang s'ya dahil first time n'yang maka-encounter ng tao na reserved, dull, cold, and introvert like Mikha.

Maybe she was just thrilled with the idea that Mikha had started to break down her walls, which led her to think na kailangan niyang umiwas to understand herself better.

But it wasn’t helping.

She was trying to act unbothered by Mikha's intense gaze.

"Maybe she needs alone time, ang ingay ba naman ni Jho." Stacey replied, causing her to receive a glare from Jhoanna.

"Ako na naman nakita mo, Stacey. Siguro crush mo 'ko, no?" Jhoanna teased.

"Libre mangarap, Robles go support." pambabara naman ni Stacey, causing their friends to laugh.

Pero imbes na mapikon, Jhoanna started to flirt with Stacey.

"Libre ka ba?" Jhoanna asked seriously.

Stacey got startled by Jhoanna's tone kaya nauutal itong nagtanong.

"H-huh?"

"Libre ka bang pangarapin? BOOM KILIG!" banat ni Jhoanna, causing their friends to laugh again, lalo na sa itsura ni Stacey na namula.

"PISKIT HAHAHAHAH HALF MANGA HALF MAIS!" Tawang tawang sabi ni Colet.

"Hala, ang bading namumula." Maloi teased as she looked closely at Stacey’s face.

Jhoanna smirked at Stacey, causing the latter to blush even more.

Mambabara sana si Stacey nang mahimasmasan sa sinabi ni Jhoanna, when one of the council officers approached them saying na pinapatawag sila ng Dean.