Reckless and Relentless

Requested by an anon: Please can you write a fic where Caspar finds out about Joe's drug/alcohol addiction? Love your stories btw :)

Warning: Swearing, drug usage...

Note: I don't know if this is something many people will like but tbh I'm kind of proud of it?? Like how it came out.

xxx

Joe knew he had a problem. A problem that majority of his old friends addressed but could not give more than a single fuck to give. It all started when he was fifteen. He tried smoking and okay, it just wasn't for him at the time. A week later, Joe feels stressed and many of his friends have told him to take it easy by smoking it away. He took their advice. The second time he smokes, he coughs a little, trying to get used to the unbearable aftertaste it leaves but deals with it because shit, he feels better already. Maybe it had to due with the massive stress he had going on that made the cigaret amazing. Either way, Joe began to smoke more often. Zoe, his sister, started to question his behavior. He started to act out during class, skipped a few classes, played pranks on teachers and students, and cursed a lot more. Mr. and Mrs. Sugg never had the time to acknowledge Joe because they were always working (and Joe's smart ass made sure any incoming school call would be erased). So, it was up to Zoe to make him snap out of it. But, it didn't work. He had turned into a trouble maker. This only made Zoe stressed and by not knowing how to deal with it, she spent most of her time on YouTube and started her own channel.

Joe found out about her channel when he was at a mate's house, getting stoned, and thought it was the most funniest thing his eyes has ever seen. Obviously, if he was sober, he'd just ask why she started in the first place. He doesn't show it to his mates because he knows they'll poke fun and he's too hungry to put up a fight. They all agree to walk down the pavement and reach the corner store to buy snacks. Preferably everything in the store.

The seventeen year old grabs a trolley, walking to an isle where most snacks were located, not wanting to wait for the others. Dammit, he needed food. He nearly cries looking at all the different choices and decides to just grab a bunch of random shit, throwing it into the trolley. Candy, fruit snacks, crisps, oh man, you name it. Joe stacks up so many boxes that he's afraid they'll somehow fall and they'll fly open; that's his worse nightmare.

Joe heads over to an empty register where a blonde boy with his hair slightly sticking up, about fifteen or sixteen the most, greets him with a cheesy smile. He begins placing his food on the counter, watching it move down.

"Either you're having a massive party or you are insanely stoned." The worker comments, scanning a few items, and places them into a white bag.

Joe scoffs, clearly offended. "I...I am not."

"Sure."

They meet eyes for the first time and Joe swears that the boy's eyes were the nicest shade of blue eyes he's ever seen.

"Your eyes are very red for someone who didn't just smoke a shit ton of weed."

The moment gets ruined and Joe takes out his wallet. "Look, I don't need your judgement. How much is it?"

The worker giggles, finishing up, and points to the screen that is right in front of Joe. "You're looking at it."

"Oh." Joe says stupidly, pulling out a fifty, and hands it to him. He takes this chance to look at his name tag.

Caspar with an A.

"Alright your change is—" Caspar begins, noticing the guy isn't even paying attention so he snaps his fingers. "Hey! I'm talking to you!"