Fate or curse?

Alex pov

I just threw a Greek God across a fucking field?! 

I'm tied to a Greek God. I'm tied to a Greek. God. This is all so freaking confusing.

I was halfway towards the gate of Athens before I felt someone poke my side smiling. Artemis.

I ignored her and continued marching towards the two tall guards. "You know my brother isn't exactly that bad. Athena makes him out to be some sort of disease like our dad but he's not. He's pretty cool besides the red hot rage." I side eyed her but kept walking.

"To tell you the truth we lie, plot, seethe and destroy all the time. It's kind of what we do but we do love, appreciate and care about the things we think are worthy of it. Back there was just sibling rivalry. Ares didn't grow up with us for a long time so its hard for him to even-

I stopped and looked at her, "Artemis this is all freaking me out, okay? I live in Princeton, New Jersey by myself and occasionally with my senile father. I'm twenty two and I work at a pharmacy in the middle of nowhere, okay? I'm an average civilian none of this was meant for me, all of you have me confused with someone else- a different Alex"

She shook her head softly, smiling. "Your mother thought the same"

What?

"What?" my eyes welled with tears at the mere mention of her. Jesus when am I gonna get over it...

Her smile dropped and she stepped back, "Artemis, you knew my mother?"

"No I uh, sorry I get people confused all the time" she rambled with a shy smile but her eyes didn't match it at all.

"Wha-"

Apollo and Ares appear behind us. "Artemis, you and I need to check the libraries back home for Cronos' chapters. Alex, Ares wants to take you to the fates to get more information about this"

Wow. They really do disregard feelings. 

Also, who the hell is Cronos?

I turn to Ares who stands back, I can imagine I look crazy with tears streaming down my face. I sniffled, "You said you'd take me home"

"I'll take you home after we figure out what's going on," he muttered. I looked into his grey eyes but I could tell he wasn't lying. Strange.

I nodded and he walked up to me and nodded towards my wrist. I looked at his hand and looked back at him and nodded. How was he so casual about me throwing him across the field?

We appeared in some black palace walkway. The sky around us was grey and the wind blew wild. The palace above looked like a large ragged rock of obsidian. You could only hear the howl of the breeze and your skin pricked by the hot air.

"Stay close you can get lost here"

Ares led us towards the large stone doors, carvings of three women in the shape of a triangle.

"The fates?"

He looked at me with his right hand over his wound, "They know everything about everybody, if we're linked they'll know how and why"

I nodded, "Why not ask Zeus, he oversees everything right?"

He smirked moving his jaw side to side, "Zeus and I don't get along"

"A feeling you evoke from everyone?" he glares at me and I avoid his gaze.

"Well with everyone else I find it funny but Zeus doesn't like anybody but himself" his jaw grew tense and his eyes held a glimmer of sarcasm.