Visits and lists

Ares pov

Strip me of my powers, huh? What a joke.

My hands graze the rough, sharp walls of the Cave of Hades. My vision is blurry and my breaths are sharp and rare. I clutch my chest with a groan as I basically throw myself onto the wall. The dim light of the early morning sun shone in which only meant I had to go further. Where the light stops and the darkness begins. I can already hear wails in the distance, hushed and creepy pleas of the dead from the river of Cocytus and the silent runs of the Styx.

The pain in my chest feels like a never ending fire that needs to be put out. I guess I was wrong about Zeus' lightning being a little sting. As I stagger into the cave the earthly air becomes trapped only in the light as smoke and death became the overall smell. My brain becomes hazy as I near the invisible gates. A loud growl echoes. I halt all movements as I draw my sword with heavy breaths and sweaty skin.

"Cerberus!" I yell, another hungry growl erupts and this time the light leaves me and only darkness can be sensed. My head pounds and my body feels shaky as I limp onward. Cerberus' heavy and easily identified breaths get closer and I tighten my grip on the sword.

I groan loudly when something scratches my leg, my eyes narrow and my feet plants as I prepare to swing. But a light looms over me, my own shadow hangs high as I slowly turn around.

"Hey boy, you've gotten bigger since the last time I saw you" Cerberus' eyes are flames of fire and chaos, pure hatred and death surrounds the three headed dog and I watch the drool leak from his mouth and onto the damp cave floors. He growls, teeth as black as night but the foam around them makes it clear how sharp they actually are. I clutch my chest as I put my sword down slowly, showing him I mean no harm.

After all, he's just a giant puppy.

...with three heads...

Cerberus growls lowly, the uncertainty evident in his eyes as he bows with his claws ready and out. His black claws of death dig deep into the stone of the floor, creating terrifying cracks in the floor as he takes easy and calculated steps towards me. I can feel my eyes glowing and I lift my sword out of his way. He nears my leg which he scratched and hesitantly sniffs my blood. The black dog's eyes goes black as the faint light of his fire remains in the distance.

I put my sword away and rub his head, he tenses then whines and rubs his head on my leg. I chuckle at his wagging tail. "Hey boy" I pant when he reaches up and licks my face.

"Okay Cerberus, you know how I feel about the licking" I shrug him off as he rose to his full height once again. This time he starts walking deeper into the cave and I follow.

Cerberus disappears and that's when I feel a humid air go through my entire body. My teeth grit as I push through the force field, smoke and screams echoing through my body as I enter the Underworld, Hell. My body stumbles on the way in but Cerberus grabs my robes with his teeth, steadying me.

The screams of the Cocytus river echoes loudly like nails scratching on chalkboard. My brain feels like melting while my skull feels like shattering. The air feels like nails pricking your skin and like punches being delivered to your bare lungs. My blood boils as my body becomes accustomed to the dark world.

The Underworld reeks off death, blood and the weary smoke from past wars and the fresh smoke from wars to come. It's a sickening smell, like disease and rotting flesh blended together. Dead bodies liter the river's edge. Blood splattered everywhere in the dark realm, guts and brains became one with the muck of  dirt and deadly waters. No light other than the permanent fires are present. Sin is here, she lives here, lies here and makes it her home.

My gaze hardens as I watch mountains of souls fall into the Cocytus. Wails, screams and silent cries are as loud as ever while Cerberus makes his way to the Styx.