Chapter 9

When we landed in Paris, Desmond took us to this beautiful place and private place. I was amazed at how beautiful this spot was. There was a big swimming pool in the back too, making me more excited.

Rory, Simon and Adrian were out apparently, leaving Hayes and I with Oliver and three who I had not knew yet.

Oliver and Hayes were swimming in the pool. I was in our bedroom, throwing on a bikini. I fixed my hair into a braid and went outside.

"Hi!" I said a bit shyly to the three women who were in the chairs, soaking up the sun.

"Hi!" They all said in sync.

It was very awkward. Oliver and Hayes got out of the pool.

"So you're the virgin Hayes has been talking about." Oliver said, causing the girls to giggle.

"Ollie!" Hayes warned.

"Not anymore!" I stated with a smile.

Oliver raised a brow.

"Hayes took your virginity, how cute." Oliver said.

I could feel the tension from Hayes, knowing full well he was annoyed. I wasn't sure how I felt in this moment, only that I wanted to go back inside and not be around them.

"So, Amy, what do you do for work." One of the girls asked me.

"I work at the Sunset Bar." I said

Oliver mentioned her name, Charlotte. It was Charlotte who was speaking to me.

"I love that! My sister worked there last year!" Charlotte said.

"Hayes picked up a bartender. Interesting." Oliver said. He looked like he was thinking.

I laid my head back to rest on Hayes. A few moments later Oliver spoke.

"You know, Hayes was in love with this woman last year. She was also a bartender and clueless. Hayes told you about her didn't he? He practically wanted her the second he seen her."

My thoughts started to take a turn as I was trying to process what Oliver had said. Hayes had an interest in me literally the second the seen me and he mentioned wanting to get to know me. We fucked. I lost my virginity to him and now he seems to have a time, bartenders.

"Do you have to say everything that fucking pops in your head?" Hayes said, clearly pissed.

"Excuse me, I am jet lagged . I need a nap." I said as I stood to my feet. Hayes gently grabbed my wrist.

"Wait!" He whispered but I pulled my hand away and went inside.

I walked into the bedroom, trying to hold back the tears that were starting to form. How could I have been so naive? It was dumb of me to think that this would work, that I was somehow different.

Hayes walked in and made his way over to me but I was unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry! Ollie is....Ollie." He started to say but I found myself starting to explode.

"I can't do this Hayes!" I said as calmly as I could, not wanting to make a big deal.

"Uh, why not?" He said.

"I was, I don't know, I guess I was caught up in you that we went too far. That somehow I thought I was different."

"You are different and you wanted this too, remember? You said you wanted to give this a shot. We both did. Amy, that woman I was with happened a year ago. I hadn't known you then."  Hayes said.

He looked like he might cry.

"Hayes, she was a bartender." I said.

"But I hadn't known that you were a bartender at first, remember?"

It was the truth. He hadn't known right away.

"That may be true, but you wanted her the second you seen her according to Ollie at least and it was that way with me. You showed up at my work." I said.

"Because you are different. For the first time I feel something that I never felt for anyone before. You didn't care who I am, that I'm famous or whatever and for the first time I am truly happy."

It was breaking my heart, hearing the tone of voice, what he was saying, I knew it was the truth.

"Fuck!" I said as I started to cry.

"Hey." He whispered as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to him.

"I don't ever want to hurt you." He whispered sweetly.

"I'm just going to use the bathroom." I said.

Without looking at Hayes I head out of the bedroom and towards the bathroom. I knocked.

"Just a second!" It was Oliver. Fuck.

Oliver opened the door, a smirk appearing on his face as soon as he seen me but the smirk didn't last long until he became all serious looking.

"You know, Hayes behaved like an actual pop start before he met you." He said seriously.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I asked.

"It means he would have slept with any woman he wanted to but now he's just into you." He pushed past me leaving me feeling like I might cry again.

Hayes was laying on our bed when I came in. He looked like he was deep in thought. I sat down on the bed and told him what Oliver had said to me.

"Is it true?" I asked.

Hayes looked almost offended.

"I could have if I wanted to but I didn't. Even if I did it was before you. I don't know why you have to make a big deal out of this." He said.

"I'm not making a big deal out of it Hayes. I just asked if it was true but regardless of the answer, I don't want to waste my time on something or someone if I'm just going to be heartbroken in the end." I said.

"Is that what you're thinking! Amy I never fucked random women. I only slept with the one Oliver mentioned and one other one before her. I don't go around fucking women. That may be Oliver's thing but it's not mine." He sounded upset.

"Amy, I fucking like you. I don't want to hurt you, I told you this before." He continued to say.

"I know." I whispered. "I know."

I laid down beside him, feeling exhausted and tired from the flight. He leaned in and kissed me, gently stroking my face. I kissed him back, savouring his kiss, this moment, and this feeling. He pulled away not long after. I didn't want him to but I was tired and in need of some sleep. Neither of us had said a word. He just held me until we both fell asleep.