Chapter 12

Hayes' P.O.V

"Why the fuck did you say that? Why the fuck are you even here?" I was yelling at Oliver. All eyes were on us but I didn't give a shit.

"It's fun to fuck around with you."Oliver was still smirking.

"Honestly, fuck you for showing up and fuck you for saying I seen her yesterday because that was a fucking lie. I haven't seen her since we ended things."

"It was a joke!"

"That's not something you JOKE ABOUT!" I was so angry at Oliver but I needed to go find Amy.

I felt guilty for not running after her when she ran with tears in her eyes. It broke a part of me inside to see her that way, to know that she was hurting...

"I'm going to find Amy." I said, not looking at Oliver and not giving a shit about anything else right now other than finding Amy.

It was dark outside. The only light was from the street lights and a few stores that hadn't closed yet. It was pouring, the rain felt heavy and cold against my face as I walked down the street at a fast pace calling out for Amy.

I noticed Desmond getting out of the car.

"You lost Amy?" He asked.

"She ran off. Have you seen her? I thought you were guarding the doors?" I asked but I didn't have the energy to be angry anymore.

"I haven't seen her, it's my fault. I thought you two would have been a while so I got into the car to fry up a bit from the rain. Get in, we'll go find her." Desmond said and as I was told I got in the car.

Amy's P.O.V

All I could think about is why did I run? Why do I let myself overthink but also why did he lie to me? Did Hayes really see her yesterday? Why didn't he tell me. He could have just wanted a perfect evening together without me having to worry. Fuck.

My mind was spinning as so many thoughts were racing through my head. The rain was heavy and so cold, I was freezing. Ahead of me I noticed a store that had a small porch with a couple of seats outside. I walked over and took a seat on the bench that was nice and dry. My eyes grew heavy and I became tired. I had no idea where I was or where I could go. Going back to where we were staying didn't seem like a good idea as I didn't want to be near Oliver and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be around Hayes though every part of me wanted to.

My body was shaking from being cold. I thought about calling a taxi many times but I realized I had no money with me. My throat became a bit sore causing me to start coughing. Shit.

After ten minutes of sitting on this bench I started to feel myself wanting to fall asleep but then I heard a car. I looked up to notice it was Desmonds car. Hayes got out immediately and rushed over to me. Without a word he picked me up and brought me to the car, gently putting me inside.

Hayes wrapped his arms around me, holding me so close to him. It was to warm me up I assumed but perhaps for comfort too. He started stroking my hair and planting tiny kisses on the top of my head. We were like that for five minutes until he broke the silence.

"I am so sorry I didn't come after you." He whispered softly. I didn't know what to say so I didn't speak.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you that she was my ex. I just wanted a perfect evening together without you having to worry for nothing."

"Oliver said you seen her yesterday." I said, my voice a bit shaky.

"Oliver made a joke. I didn't see her yesterday, I hadn't seen her since we ended things..tonight was the first time since then that I had seen her. I already yelled at Oliver and told him that he shouldn't joke about something like that."

I nodded.

"I believe you!" I said, it was the truth.

He leaned in and kissed me tenderly. It was a short but sweet kiss.

"You're cold! We're almost there!" Hayes said, holding me closer to him if at all possible.

When we arrived back to the place we were staying, we entered the house and I was hoping not to see Oliver. It was quiet inside, but it was late so if anyone was here they would probably be sleeping.

Hayes followed me as I went straight for the bedroom. I took my dress off and got into bed, pulling the blankets up to my chin as I was still cold. Looking at Hayes as he undressed himself made me feel a bit guilty from earlier this evening and for our night not going as planned.

He laid beside me, holding me close to him, and as I was enjoying this I found myself drifting off to sleep.