Chapter 7

Night Time, New Area 18 (formerly Middle East)

After Cornelia left the Middle East for Area 11, as confirmed by OSI, the Salvatians launched a liberation operation. The Grand Army of Salvatia deployed ground forces and mecha fighters to surround the Middle East, preventing any Britannian attempts to escape during the battle. Once the continental blockade was established, the combined forces of the Grand Army of Salvatia and the Vindictarium Order began the operation.

As the battle commenced, a skycruiser dropship flew through the smoke-filled sky of the new settlement below. Inside the dropship, Ishiwari, her sister, and the others waited for deployment. They wore pilot jumpsuits customized to match their hair colors. Their mecha frames were in a kneeling position while maintenance crews checked for any errors that might affect performance during the battle. They were on standby when Furuse began to complain.

Furuse Kohei: I can't believe why we are coming all the way from Japan to the Middle East.

He said, scratching his hair in an unpleasant expression.

Furuse Kohei: We should fight for Japan against Britannians, not the Middle East.

Yukawa Keiki: There's a reason why we are deployed in the Middle East at night time. I mean, why do we fight here when we should fight in Japan.

Furuse Kohei: Exactly! That's what I'm talking about.

He said to her,

Ishiwari Mayu: You wanna know why?

They turn their faces to her.

Ishiwari Mayu: It's because it will be our first time of battle by using mecha frames given to us by Salvatians. These mecha frames are far more advanced and far more different than knightmare frames that Britannians ever use.

Shiro Mayu: Um, sis, the Europeans and Chinese are using knightmare frames too.

She reminded her older sister.

Ishiwari Mayu: Yes. But the point is that Xavier Salvador is testing us.

Hitarashi Ogai: What? He wants to test us?

He said in confusion.

Ishiwari Mayu: He wants to see if our training has paid off when using mecha frames for battle firsthand. General Hopperfield told me this.

Shiro Mayu: General Hopperfield? You mean a cute rabbit dressed in general?

She said clueless as Furuse started chuckling at her words. A minute ago, they met a general who controls the south pole base who is a rabbit wildfolk which surprised the Japanese since they have met a non-human who is actually an alien rabbit. Shiro simply goes up to him and gives him cuddles which a general feels annoyed by how he is being treated as a pet rabbit and not taken seriously due to his military high-ranking officer. After Ishiwari removes her sister from cuddling him any further, General Hopperfield behaves himself and tells them that they will try their first battle by going to the Middle East for a liberation mission. They protest at first, but Ishiwari accepts it which shocked her and others of her decisions. And then, they onboard the skycruiser dropship and ended up in the middle east.

Ishiwari Mayu: Anyway, if we want to fight to liberate our country from Britannians, we must perform our battle skills firsthand in the battlefield in order for us to be ready once we are done here. Afterwards, we go back to Japan and fight for our people.

Usui Wakumi: Well, that sounds good to me.

She said who is leaning back against the wall.

Usui Wakumi: They want to see what we are capable of after our training, then we have to show them.