Wishpers in the dark

As they reached home, and Jimin headed straight to his room, his mind a whirl of emotions. He barely noticed Yoongi following close behind until he felt the door resist as he tried to close it. Startled, Jimin glanced down to see Yoongi's foot wedged in the gap.

"What are you doing? Leave!" Jimin's voice was firm, but the tremor in it betrayed his uncertainty.

Yoongi met his gaze, his eyes dark and intense, before he slowly pushed the door open. "I'm staying here," he said, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Jimin's eyes widened in shock. "Who made you believe that you could just barge in? Get lost!" He tried to shove Yoongi away, but his efforts were futile; Yoongi didn't even flinch.

"I can't trust you, Jimin. Not after last time," Yoongi said softly, his voice laced with something Jimin couldn't quite place-was it regret? Anger? Fear? "Who knows, you might run away in the middle of the night again."

Jimin was taken aback, flustered by the accusation. "What? No! I'll leave my door open if that's what you're worried about," he tried to reason, but Yoongi's silence told him everything he needed to know. There was no negotiating with him tonight.

After a moment, Jimin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Fine. But if you're staying, there's no bed for you. So if you really want to guard me all night, you'll have to stand. There-" He pointed to the wall opposite his bed, a smug smile tugging at his lips. "That's the only condition. Take it or leave it."

Without waiting for a response, Jimin turned on his heel and headed to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. The sound of the shower turning on filled the room, but it did little to drown out the thoughts racing through his mind.

Under the hot spray, Jimin's resolve wavered as memories of Yoongi flooded his thoughts-the way Yoongi's hand had felt on his waist, the warmth of his breath against his neck, the inexplicable sense of safety he felt whenever Yoongi was near. His heart raced, his cheeks flushing with the memory.

"No, Jimin, don't fall for it," he muttered to himself, shaking his head as if that would rid him of the thoughts. "He doesn't love you. He's just doing his job. That's all."

After a quick shower, Jimin emerged from the bathroom, expecting to find the room empty. To his dismay, Yoongi was still there, leaning against the wall where Jimin had told him to stand, looking entirely too comfortable.

"Goodnight," Jimin said curtly, slipping into his bed, but he couldn't ignore the slight pang of disappointment in his chest.

Yoongi remained silent, standing at the doorsill where the moonlight filtered in, casting long shadows across the room. His gaze drifted to the balcony, where the moon hung low in the sky, stirring something deep within him.

He couldn't help but remember a time long ago, when things were simpler, when the only thing that mattered was the laughter they shared.

"Hyung! Whenever I see the moon, I think of you. It's like it shines just for us," Jimin had said, his voice bright and full of hope. "One day, we'll have our own place, and we'll sit by the window, watching the moon together, having your favorite iced Americano and barbecue. I'll decorate the space with all the plants you love, make it look like a scene from a movie. It'll be perfect, just like you."

As Yoongi gazed at the room around him. It was exactly as Jimin had described-every detail brought to life. The space was decorated with his favorite plants, flowers blooming in every corner, creating a setting that felt like it had been pulled straight from a dream. Even a small area for barbecue had been set up, just as Jimin had promised. It was everything they had talked about, everything they had dreamed of.