Under the surface

stirred in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes. Pain throbbed in his head as he cradled it in both hands, groaning lightly. Through blurry vision, he examined his surroundings and the memories of yesterday came crashing back like a tidal wave. Rage surged through him. "Arghhh, Jimin, what have you done? You were supposed to make him suffer, not faint like some pathetic weakling!" he shouted, burying his face in the pillow. Determined to redeem himself, Jimin glanced at the time and began getting ready for the office.

An hour later, he descended the stairs, only to find Mr. Min in the living room, speaking with Halmoni. Anger flared up once more as he stormed down the stairs, positioning himself between them. "What are you doing here, Mr. Min? I told you, you're not allowed here."

Yoongi replied, his face devoid of emotion, "Mr. Kim, I'm here to do my duty. According to the instructions I received, I'm moving into your home from this minute onwards." He extended a letter towards Jimin, who snatched it and read it. It was an official contract appointing Yoongi as his bodyguard, approved by Mr. Jin.

Suppressing his fury, Jimin threw the paper in Yoongi's face. "Fine, Mr. Min, welcome to hell. Let's see how long you can last," he spat, storming out of the house. Yoongi followed closely behind him.

In the parking lot, Jimin knew Yoongi wouldn't let him drive after what happened yesterday. With a resigned sigh, he slipped into the passenger seat and closed his eyes. Yoongi silently took the driver's seat and started the car, heading towards the office.

A buzz of activity greeted Jimin as he stepped onto his office floor. He was taken aback by the chaos. "What's all this fuss about?" he thought. With Yoongi trailing behind, he pushed through the crowd, catching sight of a man in a sleek black suit with silky brown hair, his back turned while speaking to Jin in his cabin.

"What are you guys doing here? Do you want to resign, or should I fire you?" Jimin barked. His sharp tone scattered the employees like leaves in the wind.

As Jimin moved towards the cabin, Jin noticed them and swiftly turned on the blinds, obscuring the view. "Well, that was odd," Jimin muttered, shrugging it off as he headed to his own cabin. Immersing himself in work, he called his team for a final review of the details for their meeting with Mr. Kai.

Hours passed, the team working diligently while Yoongi stood behind Jimin, occasionally glancing at his phone. Jimin noticed the flash of anger on Yoongi's face but couldn't decipher the cause.

"Ms. Ho, you'll start the meeting today," Jimin instructed. "Explain everything clearly, and I'll add in between and take it from there. Am I clear?" The team nodded, sharing their points before starting to leave. "You guys go ahead, I'll follow in my car," Jimin added, dismissing them.

As Jimin prepared to close his car door, a hand stopped him. He looked up, seeing Yoongi. "Oh, Mr. Min. Need a ride? You can take any other car; I don't share mine," Jimin quipped.

Yoongi stood silently, unmoving. Frustration rising, Jimin sighed. "Fine, at least let me drive. It's my car; I don't trust anyone else with it." This car was Jimin's pride and joy, untouched by anyone except for servicing or cleaning.

With a nod, Yoongi climbed into the passenger seat. Jimin started driving, his mood lightening with the hum of the engine beneath him. Yoongi noticed Jimin's reckless speed, trying to caution him, but his words fell on deaf ears. Finally, they arrived at their destination, stepping out of the car and heading into the building for the meeting.

As we approached the entrance, someone blocked our path. I looked up to see who it was, and they greeted me with a smirk. "Well, well, look who's here-Mr. Kim. What a lovely day to bump into you," Jay said, a playful gleam in his eyes. Jimin rolled his eyes, clearly unimpressed. "Could you move aside, Jay? I need to go," he replied, his tone sharp.

Jay leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a whisper "Why so eager to escape, love? We have a long road ahead. I look forward to seeing you soon," he murmured, his breath brushing against Jimin's skin.

Yoongi, sensing the closeness, moved forward. He quickly stepped between them, his expression calm yet firm. "Sir, we need to move. You're running late," he said, guiding Jimin away from the tension.

As they began to leave, Jay's voice rang out, laced with malice. "Oh, love! I hope you remember what to do-and the consequences if you don't," he called after Jimin, a sinister grin spreading across his face.

Jimin glared at him, his eyes burning with hatred, muttering curses under his breath as he walked away.

In the conference room, everyone was already settled, waiting for Mr. Kai to arrive. Jimin was engrossed in rechecking the files, his mind still buzzing from the earlier encounter. When Mr. Kai finally entered, Yoongi positioned himself discreetly in the corner, his eyes never leaving Jimin.

Mr. Kai greeted everyone warmly, shaking Jimin's hand. "Hello, Mr. Kim. I hope you're feeling better now," he said with a smile.

Jimin nodded, forcing a polite smile. "Yes, Mr. Kai, I'm good. Thank you for asking. Let's start the meeting."

The meeting went smoothly, and the contract was successfully signed. As they wrapped up, Mr. Kai turned to Jimin. "Mr. Kim, as we've made a great and successful deal, I'd like to throw a party to celebrate. I'll send the official invite soon. I'm really impressed with the ideas and strategies you've presented. Looking forward to making this project a success together."

Jimin smiled genuinely, appreciating the praise. "Thank you, Mr. Kai. I'll do my best to ensure this project's success. I would be happy to attend the party."

As they were leaving, Mr. Kai's gaze shifted to Yoongi standing beside Jimin. His eyes narrowed with a flicker of anger. Sensing the tension, Jimin quickly intervened. "Umm, Mr. Kai, this is Mr. Min, my personal bodyguard. I apologize for not informing you beforehand."

Yoongi bowed deeply, his expression neutral. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir," he said formally, his voice devoid of emotion.

To Yoongi's surprise, Jimin reached out and gently held his wrist. "Mr. Kai, have a good day. We'll be taking our leave now; there are other matters we need to attend to," Jimin said, his tone courteous yet firm. With that, they exited together.

Once outside, Jimin's composed demeanor shattered. He whirled around to face Yoongi, his voice trembling with anger. "Are you out of your mind? What were you thinking, standing there like that? Are you here to protect me or to get yourself killed?" He pushed Yoongi's chest in frustration, his eyes brimming with emotion.

Yoongi, secretly amused by Jimin's outburst, remained calm. He gently caught Jimin's hands, pulling him closer. Leaning in, he whispered near Jimin's ear, his breath warm against his skin. "Mr. Kim, I'm here to protect you from everything. If putting myself in danger means keeping you safe, I would do it without hesitation, until my last breath," his voice soft and velvety, resonating deep within Jimin.

Jimin's eyes widened at Yoongi's words, his heart pounding in his chest. He quickly pushed Yoongi away, trying to mask the vulnerability that had crept up on him. "Oh really? Don't worry, I won't give you the chance to do that," Jimin retorted, his voice tinged with stubborn pride. "I'm not that fragile. I don't need a bodyguard."

He turned to leave, muttering under his breath, "I'll leave you from the burden of me soon enough. I'm sorry for everything you've had to endure because of me" and left. But Yoongi's sharp ears caught every word, and realization washed over him-Jimin knew more than he let on, pretending to be unware. But not sure how much he knows and what he knows. Now he needs to be more careful.