Edge of Abyss - 1

Oh, look who's back," one person commented, "I don't think he's over the last race," another added. They all began gossiping and placing bets on who would win.

I stood there, listening to their chatter for the past five minutes. Suddenly, a burly man stepped in front of me."Listen, pretty boy, I think you're new here. That last track you won by sheer luck? It's nothing compared to this one. It's better if you back off now. If something happens to you, it's not our responsibility," he warned.
I replied coolly, "Oh, don't worry. It's nothing new to me. Let's see what lies ahead."

I walked back to my black car, leaning against the hood. All eyes were on me, my different dressing style drawing their attention. Who wears suits to a racetrack? Apparently, I did and I started chucking slightly.

As everyone eagerly awaited the race, I got inside my car and buckled up. To my left, a guy with a blue car rolled down his window and taunted me, "Hey, idiot, what do you think you're doing by challenging in this race? Last race was just luck. This will be your last, I'll make sure of that at any cost."I retorted, "Ah, how funny. I thought you liked losing. Don't worry, I'll make sure this one's memorable for you."

The blue car guy seethed with anger, about to respond when the sound of the starting shot echoed through the air.The race began with speed, cars darting along curves and edges, skidding with rust. I fell behind the others, losing my temper and accelerating without a care I drifted and went ahead. Uuwhuuuu hahaaa what an amazing ride the speed, the cold air, the rush giving me the thrill of my life. I started laughing hard, out of nowhere the blue car sped and flew ahead of me. "Aahhhhh fuck that idiot , I need to do game up now".

Ahead of me lies a pitch-black road, illuminated
only by the cold light of the moon. The icy air hits my face, sending a chill down my spine. My grip tightens on the steering wheel as I accelerate to maximum speed, determined to overtake the blue car.

My heartbeat quickens, and my hands tremble slightly

My heartbeat quickens, and my hands tremble slightly. Just as I take the lead, two cars come from either side, attempting to overtake me. I refuse to let it happen, pushing my car even faster as they bump into me. Suddenly, a powerful jolt from behind throws my car off the lane.

"Oh, shit! No, no, no!"

I struggle to regain control, skidding towards the edge of the road. Another car slams into me from the side. Panic surges through me as my car rolls uncontrollably, heading straight for the cliff's .

I closed my eyes, feeling the rush through my veins, my mind singing a lullaby. Everything came to a halt as my car stopped rolling, now dangerously hanging from the cliff's edge. Warm liquid trickled from my forehead, just above my eyebrow. I knew what it was and knew how terrible I must look with all these injuries. No affirmation needed.

Somehow, I managed to crawl into the backseat and tried to open the door, but it was futile

Somehow, I managed to crawl into the backseat and tried to open the door, but it was futile. The car began to move slowly. I needed to act quickly.

I started breaking the window with my fists, blood beginning to flow as I continued to pound until it finally shattered. I crawled out through the window.

Lying on the ground, facing the sky, panting heavily, I marveled at the moon's beauty, the sky a mesmerizing sight. A small smile crept across my face. Yes, I relish this adrenaline, constantly pushing myself to the edge. The rush and heat bring me comfort.

I haven't introduced myself have I?
This is Kim Jimin, always chasing rush.

All the pic credits go to rightful owners

If anyone is reading this book let me know hows the chapter.
If it's good enough for you to read then I'll continue with the next chapters or else I'll delete the book and stick to reading only🥲

Thanks for reading!!!