Chapter 2: The Mission

Trigger warning: language, substance, self-harm
---

Team Alpha, Bravo and Charlie entered the briefing room, the air thick with anticipation. The NBI director stood at the front, his face grave as he addressed the team.

"We've got a critical case on our hands team" he began.

On cue the director played several news snippet from his presentation.

"Isang 20 yr old na babaeng estudyante ang nahulog mula sa ika labing isang palapag ng gusali sa may Brooks residential tower sa Sta.Mesa Manila..."

"Natagpuang wala ng buhay ang isang 22 yr old na kolehiyala mula Paranaque matapos itong pinaniniwalaang magpakamatay noong Sabado ika-18 ng Oktubre 2022.."

"Isang 18 yr old na babae ang pinaniniwalaang nagpakamatay mula sa ika limang palapag ng kaniyang unibersidad na kanyang pinapasukan.."

"Another young female suspected of suicide died today when she alledgedly rammed her car on the concrete barrier in EDSA which results to serious physical injuries that caused her demise"

Several news clips with the same context had been played which discombobulated the room.

The director continued.

"We thought they were isolated incidents until we find a common denominator on these cases. These girls went clubbing, lured,drugged, sexually assaulted and then filmed.The reason why there's rampant cases of suicide recently is not because these girls were troubled  but because these girls were targeted specifically by this drug ring. These girls were from prolific families with high stature. These girls were threatened and extorted, if they didn't give in to the perpetrators monetary demands their videos will be uploaded online to adult entertainment sites and sold to the highest bidder" the director concluded.

"Mga putang in.." Colet was clenching her fist tightly upon hearing  the new case.

A murmur of anger and disbelief rippled through the room.

"There's a new drug that had been circulating in the market which is called on the streets as "TSTM", ito yung drugs na ginagamit to knock out these girls out of their consciousness and target them.As a bureau it's our job to end this heinous crime"

The director continued, "our mission is to gather intel from the drug lord operating in Quiapo that had been supplying the area. Team A, you will conduct an entrapment operation." All eyes turned to captain Mikha Lim.

The director nodded at her.

"Captain Lim ikaw ang naatasan kong maglead ng mission na to. Kailangan nating tapusin at tuldukan ang kawalang hiyaan na ginagawa ng mga ito sa ating mga kababaihan.Our primary objecfive is to gather the intel from this drug lord  so we can locate the main supplier and stop their operation"

Captain Lim stood tall, her expression determined.

"Understood, sir. We'll get the intel and locate the main supplier"

Liutenant Vergara, equally resolute, added,

"Sisiguraduhin po namin na these girls get justice sir"

The director gave a firm nod.

"Good.Alpha team, prepare for deployment.You will be backed up by bravo and charlie team, you have 1 week to prepare for this operation.This mission is crucial, and we can't afford any mistakes. Kaya kayo ang i-nasign ko to lead this task force because you're the best team we have in this department.More than that you're all women in the team and this drug ring were specifically targeting women.For us this is personal and must be stopped" the director firmly concluded.