Chapter 11: Guardian Angel

No trigger warning for now, happy reading blooms 🌸
---

Sheena rushed through the hallways of the NBI office, her heart racing as she made her way to captaon Mikha Lim's office. She and liutenant Vergara had a close door meeting after the intel that they received from her and Gwen.

To their surprise Stacey's situation had escalated quickly, and the urgency of the moment gnawed at her.

Stacey had engaged in a heavy gunfight inside the abandoned buildingand now, she was potentially in danger.

Bursting into the comms office, Sheena found captain Lim and liutenant Vergara reviewing surveillance footage.They were having a serious conversation about something, but Sheena's urgency cut through the rooms tensed atmosphere.

"Captain! Lieutenant!" Sheena gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"-si Stacey, she's dealing with Ruiz men alone her cover had been busted.Marami sila were running out of time!"

Mikha's eyes shot up from the monitors, her face hardening instantly.

Colet's brow furrowed as she straightened,crossing her arms.

"What's the situation now?" Mikha asked, already mentally preparing to mobilize.

"She called for backup captain, she says it is very urgent!" Sheena reported, her voice laced with worry.

"Mag-isa lang siya and we need to act now!" Sheena said in a panicked ridden voice.

Mikha exchanged a glance with Colet, who nodded.

"We're not waiting around.We need to extract her immediately" Colet said, already moving to the control console.

She began rerouting alpha team's surveillance feeds to cover the building's perimeter.

Mikha grabbed her earpiece without hesitation, her expression unreadable but fierce.

"Sheena can you pull up the buildings layout and any nearby camera footage? I want eyes on every exit and entry point"

"I'm on it cvaptain" Sheena responded, rushing to a nearby console and pulling up schematics of the building.

The live feeds from nearby CCTV cameras flickered on the monitors, showing different angles around the building.

Several henchmen could be seen patrolling the area, their weapons drawn.

"She's on the east wing of the building, on low sa likod ng mga crates" Sheena confirmed, pointing at the screen.

"Napapalibutan siya ng mga tauhan ni Ruiz.For the mean time she's holding them off, but she won't last long without help"

Mikha's eyes narrowed as she studied the footage. Mikha clenched her fists hard, eyes scanning the layout of the abandoned building.

Time was running out for Stacey, and she had no choice but to take a bold, calculated risk.

"Vergara, you take my spot.I need you to man the operations with Sheena.We have another priority eliminating Ruiz's crew.I'll be handling Stacey's extraction solo"

Colet's brow furrowed in protest.

"Captain, you're pulling a Rambo move again! Sasamahan kita masyadong delikado-"

"Alam ko na masyadong delikado there's too many risks liutenant but Im the best shot that we have.I'm not leaving Stacey out there.I need you here liutenant.Call Jhoanna and have her rendezvous with me on the location.  Gwen will command
bravo and charlie team.Mobilize our delta sniper team and put them on vantage points, they will be under your main command liutenant.Everyone needs to be in position, and I trust you to run the operation.Ikaw muna bahala dito habang wala ako"