Chapter 32

Wren

"Wake up you two, it's already past noon."

"I can't wait to get back home. We've got to refurnish this place by our next visit—the beds are way too small."

"No kidding! It sucks to sleep alone. At least you and Alec were together tonight; I was so lonely that I barely got any rest."

I pull the thin blanket over my head and snuggle closer to William's chest. "Ugh, you guys are too loud, go away."

Letting out an annoyed moan, William tightens his arms around me right before a big mass of muscle lands on top us. What the hell?

"Michael, I love you, but please get off. You'll break the bed," William complains.

"You awake now?" Michael hugs the both of us.

"Yes, yes, yes, now get off," I yelp.

He giggles and rolls off of us, taking the blanket with him. I sit up, rubbing my eyes, and William hugs my waist to keep me in place. Patting his head, I say, "Come on, I need to get up."

He releases me but only after biting my ass, making everyone laugh at my horrified expression.

"Keep that up and I'm getting a leash for you." I stare at him.

"I knew you'd have a kinky side too." He smirks and bites me again.

I shake my head in frustration and run off to the restroom.

We spend the day on the beach: swimming, playing volleyball, and having fun. It's the first time we all stick together like this without any spats. I'd even go as far as to say it's rather wholesome. But honestly, they're so silly. If I didn't know any better, I would've never guessed they're older than twenty-four, let alone vampires. They even buried my legs in the sand, sculpting it into a mermaid's tail, and took a ton of photos. Michael created a group chat with the five of us and flooded it with today's pics.

After dinner, we play cards in one of the bigger rooms, but I'm so exhausted I nod off an hour into the game. I'm startled awake when James picks me up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," he says as he carries me to my bedroom.

"It's okay. I can walk on my own, so put me down."

"I don't think I want to."

If smiles had a taste, I'd choke on the sweetness of the one he's giving me right now.

He lays me on the bed, sits next to me, and starts unbuttoning my shirt. "Do you prefer to sleep nude or in pajamas?" His question is stated in such a neutral tone, it's as though he's taking care of an animal, not undressing his partner.

Right. We're all together now... it's kind of surreal. Come to think of it, they didn't tell me what they actually decided on.

"I don't really care one way or the other. I'd rather you finally tell me what the consensus on the whole polyamory situation is," I say, sitting up.

"Hmm." He takes off my shirt, brushing his fingertips over my shoulders. "Nude it is then."

I grab his face to make him look into my eyes. "James, focus."

A small smile plays on his lips, and he kisses me instead of answering. When I'm out of breath, he moves to kiss my cheek, then right under my ear. He licks my neck with the tip of his tongue, raising goosebumps in its wake, then pauses and whispers, "The thing is, we wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine and keep our decision a secret until you figure it out yourself when it becomes blatantly obvious." He pulls away to sit at the end of the bed with his feet tucked under him and tilts his head as he leans back. Slowly unbuttoning his own shirt, he keeps his gaze locked on mine and says, "But I guess I could tell you. That is, if you're willing to play along with me and beg."