𝗢𝗻𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝗹𝗹𝗲 ➻ 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻

The stadium was bathed in light under a cloudless sky, resonating with the cheers of supporters and the excitement of the UEFA Women's Champions League final between FC Barcelona and Olympique Lyonnais. I watched the match closely, my heart racing, especially because my girlfriend, Ona Batlle, had just entered the game in the second half.

Every movement of Ona kept me on edge. The game was intense, every pass and every tackle seemed amplified by the importance of the moment. The teams were neck and neck, and every action on the field was crucial.

Then, the impact. In a fierce challenge with a Lyon forward, Ona took a cleat directly to the cheek. The contact was brutal, and I immediately saw blood trickling down her face, mingling with the sweat. My heart clenched, and a shiver of panic washed over me. My hands gripped the armrests of the seats, and I leaped up, unable to look away. "No, no, no..." I whispered, eyes wide, throat tight.

The team's medical staff rushed to Ona, applying a compress to stop the bleeding while administering the necessary care. Despite the visible pain, Ona rejoined the game with courage, continuing to fight for the team with the compress still in place, secured to her cheek.

The intensity of the match reached its peak, but the determination of the number 22 and the other players was palpable. Eventually, Barcelona managed to secure the long-awaited victory. The final whistle sounded like a release, and the crowd erupted with joy as the players gathered to celebrate their triumph.

When the match ended, I hurried to the locker rooms, my thoughts solely focused on Ona. Barcelona's victory was a great joy, but my primary concern was her condition. I made my way through the jubilant supporters, the disappointed Lyon players, and the celebrating Barcelona team members.

Upon arriving at the locker rooms, I anxiously asked the security guards for permission to pass. I was finally allowed into the area where the players were waiting to receive their medals. There, I saw Ona sitting on a bench, her face still marked by the injury. The compress was still in place, now an improvised bandage on her cheek. Despite the evident pain, she wore a tired but genuine smile.

I knelt beside her, my hands trembling as I gently took her hand. Our eyes met, and I saw a glimmer of relief in hers despite the pain.

"Ona, baby " I murmured, tears in my eyes, my voice filled with emotion. "You scared me so much..."

She gently grasped my hand, holding it despite the discomfort. "I'm fine, don't worry. It's just a bruise... it's nothing compared to the victory."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I smiled, despite the sadness of the moment. "You were amazing, as always. And that... that's what matters the most."

A few minutes later, while I was still by my girlfriend's side, an official came to call the Barcelona players to receive their medals and lift the trophy. I followed Ona outside, standing at the edge of the pitch. I watched her as she made her way to the makeshift podium where the medals were being presented. Each step she took seemed to make the pain forgettable, absorbed by the collective joy and adrenaline of the moment. She stood tall, looking determined, and I felt a deep respect for her inner strength.

The team members, with their faces lit up by smiles and victory cheers, surrounded Ona. The president of FC Barcelona and other dignitaries awarded the medals to the players, and Ona, receiving hers, took a moment to look around. Her face, still marked by the injury, radiated pride and happiness.

When it was time for photographs, Ona found herself at the center of the team, the medal around her neck. The scene was perfect, a blend of euphoria and raw emotion. I stayed at a distance, admiring my girlfriend's courage and determination.

As the public celebrations concluded and the players began to disperse, I approached Ona. She was chatting with her teammates, their faces still glowing from the triumph. Seeing me, Ona turned toward me, and despite her fatigue, her smile broadened.

Once by my side, Ona kissed me, a kiss filled with sincerity and relief. The compress on her cheek was still in place, but the pain seemed almost secondary compared to the joy and sense of accomplishment.

"Congratulations, champion," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

She placed a gentle hand on my cheek. "Thank you... It wouldn't have been the same without you here."