𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗮 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗼 ➻ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗪𝗲 𝗙𝗲𝗹𝗹

Alessia's POV

The evening was set to be a quiet one at home. My wife of two years, Y/N, had gone out with a friend who had come to visit her, and while I was pleased that they were enjoying their time together, a feeling of loneliness was gnawing at me. Our relationship was full of laughter and camaraderie, but the tension I felt was unsettling. I sat there alone in our flat, listening to the sound of the door closing behind them, wondering whether I should join them or simply stay here, lost in my thoughts.

It was then that Leah, my teammate at Arsenal, called me. For a moment, I hesitated to answer. I was torn between wanting to disconnect from the world and the curiosity about what she had to say. Ultimately, I picked up the phone, and we began to chat about everything and nothing—a light conversation that was doing me good. The more we talked, the more I relaxed, although the thought of inviting her over made me a bit nervous. Nevertheless, I mustered my courage and suggested that she come round. To my surprise, she accepted without hesitation.

When Leah arrived, she was radiant, her energy immediately filling the room. We exchanged a few friendly words before she first took a seat on a chair in the living room. We started discussing the upcoming matches, trading facts about our team and sharing our opinions on our teammates' performances. Each laugh felt like a familiar melody, but deep down, I sensed that something unexpected was beginning to form between us.

After a while, Leah got up and settled down beside me on the sofa, comfortably positioning herself with a mischievous smile on her lips. "So, ready to hear my predictions for the next match?" she asked me. Her question sounded like an invitation to enter into a more intimate complicity, and I realised that our exchanges were taking a much more personal turn than I had anticipated at the start.

"Predictions? As if you already know we're going to crush our opponents!" I replied, laughing and trying to chase away the loneliness that had settled in after Y/N left. The lightness of our exchange was comforting, but a feeling of tension was creeping in between us, one I couldn't ignore.

"Oh, I'm serious!" Leah exclaimed, pretending to cross her arms. "I bet I'll score before you this season, just to prove that I'm the best!"

I looked at her, amused by her audacity. "You're a defender, Leah! You know very well that I'll score before you!"

"You're unbearable!" the blonde joked, rolling her eyes, but I noticed a special glimmer in her gaze. Her energy seemed more intense tonight, almost palpable. As we continued to discuss the matches and our teammates, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was hanging in the air, something that went beyond our usual exchanges.

As the anecdotes flowed, Leah subtly edged closer to me, gradually erasing the distance between us. Her scent, subtle yet captivating, filled the space, and suddenly she leaned in a bit closer. Her knee brushed against mine, and I felt the warmth of her presence intensifying. "You know, Lessi, sometimes I wonder if our friendship is really all there is between us," she said, her voice softer, almost a whisper. Her gaze lingered on me, filled with an emotion I had never perceived before.

Surprised by this declaration, I froze for a moment, my heart racing a little faster. "What do you mean?" I murmured, trying to understand while sensing the atmosphere becoming more intimate, heavier with implications I wasn't ready to acknowledge.

She bit her lip, her honest gaze locked onto mine. "I care about you a lot. And not just for football." Her words resonated like a sweet melody, creating a palpable tension.