𝗕𝗲𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗱 ➻ 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝗻 𝗱'𝗢𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

The Ballon d'Or evening was set in a refined and elegant atmosphere. The room, adorned with glittering chandeliers and luxurious red carpets, was bathed in a soft light that highlighted the glamour of the event. The guests, dressed in their finest attire, mingled in a dance of animated conversations and radiant smiles.

As a Chelsea player, I had prepared carefully for this event. My blue dress, adorned with sequins, caught the light dazzlingly. Although I was proud to have finished fifth, my mind was entirely absorbed by one thought: Beth Mead, my crush.

As the ceremony drew to a close, the announcements were made in a methodical order. The moment arrived when Alexia Putellas was crowned with the Ballon d'Or. The room erupted in warm applause. Beth, who had finished second, stood to the side, wearing a proud and serene smile. Although she didn't receive a trophy that night, her presence and charisma were undeniable.

As soon as the ceremony ended, I decided it was the perfect time to meet Beth. Navigating my way through the elegantly dressed guests, I found her near the bar, surrounded by a few people she was chatting with. I took a deep breath and made my way towards her.

"Beth, good evening!" I said, a bit nervous but determined. "I wanted to congratulate you on your placement tonight. Even though you didn't win the Ballon d'Or, you remain an inspiration to many."

Beth turned towards me with a warm smile, her gaze illuminated by sincerity. "Thank you so much, Y/N! That's really kind of you, especially coming from a rival. It was an incredible evening, and being here among the best players is already an honour."

I immediately felt at ease under her smile. "It's true, it's a big moment for all of us. And I must say, your season this year has been inspiring."

Beth shrugged with a light laugh. "Thanks! You know, it's not always easy to find yourself in this position. We work so hard, and sometimes, we don't really know where we stand until an evening like this."

"I completely understand," I replied, nodding. "I still remember my first time here; I felt completely lost. But there's something magical about these moments, even if it's a bit surreal."

"Absolutely," Beth agreed. "And then there are always those little stories that make everything more fun. Like that time, during the match against your team, when our bus broke down on the way to the stadium. We had to run through the city to make it in time. It was like a scene from a movie."

I couldn't help but let out a burst of laughter. "I remember that moment; it will stay with me forever."

Beth smiled, her eyes sparkling with joy. "Exactly! That's what makes sports so special. We experience amazing things, even when we least expect them."

The conversation continued, fluid and natural. We shared anecdotes, training routines, and little stories from the field. Beth had a way of speaking with such liveliness that each story seemed to come to life through her words. We also discovered common interests outside of football, which made every moment spent together even more enjoyable.

As the evening began to wind down and guests started to leave, I felt a twinge of apprehension. Before the night ended, I gathered my courage.

"Beth, I really enjoyed our conversation tonight. Would you be interested in continuing this chat over a coffee or lunch sometime?"

Beth seemed delighted by the invitation. "I'd love that! It was really enjoyable talking with you. Here's my number."

She took out her phone and handed it to me. I pulled out mine, and we exchanged contact details. "Thanks, I'll reach out soon. I'm looking forward to seeing you again."

We slipped out of the room together, our smiles perfectly in sync. After saying our goodbyes, I made my way to the exit, feeling light and euphoric. The evening had been far beyond what I had expected. I had spent the night with Beth Mead, my crush, a player I deeply admire, and had forged a genuine connection with her. The future seemed promising, and I knew that this encounter marked the beginning of something special.